|Date Posted:||Aug 21, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Supreme Audit Office (اداره عالی تفتیش):
Supreme Audit Office (SAO), Afghanistan is the Supreme Audit Institution (SAI) in the country, which conducts audit of the accounting and financial activities of all the Government budgetary entities and State Owned Entities (SoEs) of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA). The mandates, functions and authority of the SAO are enshrined in the Supreme Audit Office Law. The SAO audit also conducting audit of the Qatia Statements, which is the annual financial statements of the GoIRA, financial statements of the SoEs, audit of the financial statements of the development partners’ projects, compliance audit, performance audit and special audits of government entities and programmes and audit of IT/IS systems of the GoIRA agencies.
Funded by the World Bank under the Fiscal Performance Improvement Plan (FPIP)- Fiscal Performance Improvement Support Project (FSP) and implemented by SAO, the objective of the assignment is to contribute to the GoIRA’s strategic vision “Realizing Self-Reliance: Commitments to Reforms and Renewed Partnership”. This vision has been translated into two key flagship reform programs. The first is the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF). The second complementary reform program – to which the FSP directly contributes through implementation support to the FPIP – is the GoIRA’s PFM Road Map.
The IT Audit Directorate, SAO deals with IT audit of the systems, databases and applications including the FMIS in the government ministries, agencies, departments, independent agencies and submits reports on the results if such audits. The Directorate is also dealing with integrating / taking up IT/IS audit as part of other audits and takes up capacity building of the staff for application of Computer Assisted Audit Tools and Techniques (CAATs).
Organization: Supreme Audit Office (SAO) Afghanistan
Department: IT Audit Directorate
Duty Station: Kabul
Duration: Up to June 2020
Gender: Male/Female (SAO is an equal opportunity employer)
Under the FSP financing, the SAO intends to hire an IT Auditor with experience in dealing with and managing IT audit, development of IT plan, develop audit appropriate tests for investigation of identified risks, and achieve the audit pre-determined goals to assure effective management and avoid risk, conduct IT audit and follow up recommendations of IT audit and report to IT audit directorate.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Demonstrated team building, interpersonal and leadership skills and capacity building experience.
· Report writing and presentation skills in Dari, Pashto and English (proficiency in English Language is mandatory and preference shall be given to TOFEL / IELTS and similar certification).
· Knowledge of MS Office, internet and email management as well as TEAM MATE
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To provide inputs for developing, maintaining and updating IT audit plan
2. To develop audit appropriate tests for investigation of identified risks, and achieve the audit pre-determined goals to assure effective management and avoid risk
3. To implement assigned audit including planning, evaluation and documentation of audit results reporting and follow-up based on annual plan
4. To expand and discuss on audit findings, agreement on recommendations and scheduling the reform decisions with audited issues in charge and monitor the implementation recommendations
5. To follow up all IT issues in audit and others and assure from implementation of recommendations
6. To actively contribute in application of TEAM MATE software and corporation with users on call
7. To care professionally in audit implementation, including the activities effective review and recommendation on expenditure decrement
8. To keep continued professional development through self-study, participating in suggested courses and SAO training programs
9. To propose solutions and creative methodologies and active contribution in assurance of management activities reflection by IT methodology
10. To keep relationship with national and international body such as INTOSAI and ISACA.
11. Any other task assigned by supervisors
1. Outputs and Deliverables
The auditor shall be responsible for the following outputs/deliverables.
· Work plan (within 3 weeks of joining).
· Monthly and quarterly reports as per schedules throughout the assignment.
· IT audit plan for assigned audits
· Completed audits and audit reports
2. Institutional Arrangement
Upon approval of this position by the Civil Service Commission in SAO Tashkeel, the position may be shifted to Grade Four in SAO Tashkeel as the IT Auditor under the IT Audit Directorate. For the time being, this position will be remunerated as per the NTA policy of the Government in Grade D. The contract extension shall be subject to the performance appraisal of the Expert, the Expert is required to present monthly and quarterly progress reports to the Director IT Audit.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least a Bachelors’ degree in Bachelor Computer Science (BCS) or Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA). Masters’ degree in the areas shall be given preference.
· At least 4 years’ of relevant experience of IT Audit / dealing and managing of FMIS or IT systems and the related field.