|Date Posted:||Oct 11, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Development and Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About GTR Group:
Grand Technology Resources (GTR) is a multi-national Information Communications Technology (ICT) company with a passion for results and developing cutting edge solutions to complex problems. We are a leading firm dedicated to provide end-to-end ICT solutions to businesses, governments, and organizations.
The technology and business philosophies of GTR are governed by a unified business model that inculcates and regulates the project management workflow, quality assurance standards and protocol for non-linguistic tasks. This fosters a climate of non-competitive collaboration that promotes each member’s unique skills and knowledge. Our business analysts, MIS consultants, network engineers, system engineers, software developers, ICT trainers, project managers, and engineering professionals are available to help our clients design their much needed infrastructure and ICT systems wherever the need arises.
For more information please visit company website at www.gtr.com.my
ICT Business Development Specialist will work with the business development team of GTR to drive our sales and grow the business in ICT sector. He/she will expand business with new clients and build professional relationships with them while maintaining existing clients. More specifically, the duties of specialist will include IT hardware, software analysis, market and technology research, developing business strategies and pitches, managing a variety of projects, and identifying new business opportunities-particularly in the banking, private, public sectors of Afghanistan, and in areas that are identified by the partners. He/she should have a solid understanding of the process, flow and building networks within these sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide business development expertise in positioning; capture planning and proposal preparation for specific ICT opportunities with the banking sector, the government and other donor institutions, foundations, and corporations.
- Assessing customers' needs, including requirements of RFPs/EOIs, RFQs, RFIs, and explaining the goods and services which meet their needs to third party vendors.
- Having knowledge of analyzing BOQ and technical requirements of the client
- Having expertise in finding out solutions to the clients requirements and scope of the project
- Having ability to estimate resources required for successfully completion of the project such as Human Resources, Accessories, Tools, and Equipment
- Having ability to discuss with vendors such as DELL, Oracle, Cisco etc on finalizing proposed solution meeting client requirements
- Conduct market research and identify potential clients in the ICT sector
- Cultivating strong relationship with new clients, while maintaining existing relationships.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required.
- Manage work-plans for responding to RFPs/EOIs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Serve as proposal coordinator and participate in bid analysis, proposal review as well as contribute both technical and non-technical knowledge to ensure a coherent, responsive proposal with clear win themes.
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days, and seminars to stay up to date on various clients’ strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Be accountable for annual goals and objectives for funnel and pipeline, bookings, backlog, and revenue.
- Train and mentor staff, as needed, to enhance their skills in proposal development, representation to Afghan government organizations, data gathering, and marketing within Afghan government’s developments and portfolios.
- Maintain a forward-looking, customer-centric, entrepreneurial, proactive, and flexible mindset while anticipating market needs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in, computer science, computer engineering, IT, or in a related discipline. Certifications, experience and/or master’s in business administration, business system analysis is a plus
- 5+ years of experience of working in ICT sector that includes implementing ICT projects, and business development, marketing experience, including selling offerings, services, and solutions to clients in Afghanistan is preferred
- Strong understanding of ICT infrastructure and IT solutions to meet the needs of clients
- Solid understanding of and experience with the procurement, contracting procedures, and funding mechanisms in Afghanistan, especially for the ICT sector is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate enterprise-level business value propositions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with other senior executives, customers, and external parties; good networking skills
- Excellent negotiation, organizational, analytical, and research skills; ability to apply these skills with a business process-oriented mindset
- Ability to maintain an “outside-in” perspective using customer, consumer, market, and industry insights
- Ability to take a proactive approach to opportunities in order to remain ahead of the competition
- Proven Track Record Closed out business deals
- Ability to work in a team environment
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a cover letter and contact details, no later than October 31, 2020, please mention the “position title” in the subject line of email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview/written test.