|Date Posted:||Aug 5, 2019|
|Reference:||MOMP/PSU/IT Expert for IT Directorate|
|Closing Date:||Aug 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the overall supervision of the IT Director and Data Center Specialist will be primarily responsible for all IT system and network, updating and maintenance work related to MoMP IT need.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
▪ Develop an action plan based on job description.
▪ Should develop a complete and full-fledged Network Expert with coordination of IT director and Data Center Specialist on the requirements and specifications of Ministry of mines and petroleum.
▪ Plans network upgrades by maintaining, evaluating and improving a complexed and secure network.
▪ Design in cooperation with Contractor staff and implement a consolidation strategy for all existing networks and implement it.
▪ Ensure that all systems, networks and internet services, once implemented, are operating efficiently.
▪ Respond to the requests of Ministry staff in all IT matters. Troubleshooting IT problems and taking prompt remedial action; this includes MoMP and MOMP Contractors installation of new hardware and software as required.
▪ Perform the duties under the IT director and take account any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Minimum 5 years specific experience as IT Expert or IT Manager in a national agency.
Maser Degree with 4 years’ experience /Bachelor degree in 7 years’ experience in computer sciences, Software Engineering or Computer Application.
Professional experience in LAN/WAN/VPN/Redundancy
Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
Advance experience in IT related activities.
Willingness to live and work in Afghan rural communities