|Date Posted:||May 28, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 8, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Aeroparcel, Inc.:
Aeroparcel® is the first and largest Afghan mail, courier and parcel services. Aeroparcel® is committed to modernize the mail, courier and parcel services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations Aeroparcel® plans to be the market share- leader of mail, courier and parcel services of Afghanistan and the region. Aeroparcel® offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our mail, courier and parcel customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that Aeroparcel® services are safe, express and affordable. The main business of Aeroparcel® are mail services, courier services and parcel services within and outside Afghanistan.
The incumbent will be responsible for day to day operations and security of core networks (wired and wireless) and data center infrastructure. The applicant will work closely with the IT team in infrastructure design, Networking, installation, capacity planning, optimization, security and system/network monitoring and maintenance, the applicant will develop and enforce policy and procedures to guarantee the security and integrity of data including creation of plans for disaster recovery, business continuity, and system security. The applicant will manage internal Infrastructure and Help Desk staff as well as external branches staff. This job requires a strong ability to multi-task in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
He/she will monitor, operate or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results. He/she will utilize computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customer assistance, production job processing, equipment maintenance, and repair and computer operations assignments. This role requires minimum supervision and may act as lead when the need arises.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational standards and procedures to ensure operational reliability.
2. Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
3. Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
4. Coordinate and follow up over mobile application software and website development for Aeroparcel with local and Dubai staff.
5. Installs software and repairs hardware and peripherals;
6. Outsource, find and coordinate with the local internet connectivity providers with the lowest cost and highest quality service.
7. Check and make sure internet speed is consistent on daily basis.
8. Provide relevant IT and networking support to Aeroparcel branches based in Kabul.
9. Maintain, check and submit monthly report on security cameras in head office and Kabul based branches.
10. Tests programs;
11. Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
12. Maintains systems, databases and web pages;
13. Administers user accounts;
14. Designs and produces basic reports;
15. Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output;
16. 10. Transfers computer files between platforms;
17. Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems;
18. Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns;
19. Arranges for distribution of output to customer;
20. Maintains records;
21. Maintains network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring.
22. Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
23. Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies;
24. Defining and monitoring access, development of backup and business continuity plans.
25. Identifying, installing and maintaining upgrades to the network
26. Overseeing user access to the network
27. Planning network infrastructure for new applications and services
28. Contributing in Purchasing and maintaining networking equipment and infrastructure
29. Design specifications for establishing security in the networks and protecting vulnerable database
30. Plan the budget for IT, Infrastructure and networking, recommend proper software and hardware such as routers, hubs, hard disks, wires, etc., for network understanding
31. Update the systems regularly with antivirus, firewall and spyware and protect any kind of viruses and breakdowns in the network
32. Sets authentication and authorization and restricts users from accessing important and vital information available
33. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to IT, infrastructure configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
34. Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
35. Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
1. Bachelor in IT, Computer Science or Networking.
2. International Certifications like MCITP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, and MOS is desirable.
3. A diploma in hardware or electronics is an advantage.
5 years of experience in similar positions.
An energetic and physically well employee is needed.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Saturday through Thursday, 08:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
Open to learn
Strong Knowledge of computer hardware, software and networking
Good in repairing ICT devices
programming or software Engineering knowledge