|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Land Authority:
ARAZI is seeking for a qualified national Human Resource Manager who can take the overall responsibilities of ARAZIâ€™S
recruitment and evaluation, d eveloping and improving HR tools and guidelines, d evelop annual capacity building plans, conduct and deliver trainings on HR related subjects, human resource reporting and strictly support and implement ARAZI â€™S HR policies and procedures.
The incumbent will report to the Operations Director and Deputy Director on regular and on ad hoc basis. He/she should possess full knowledge Afghanistanâ€™s Labor Law. The incumbent will splendidly perform the following tasks and duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage information technology and computer systems, IT policies and procedures
2. Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
3. Ensure the GIS/MIS and other ARAZIâ€™s software and applications are maintain ed and work perfectly
- Manage information technology and computer systems, IT policies and procedures
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP)
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Ensure all staff takes backups of the essential data and are secured
- ensure all ARAZI IT Policies and Procedures are implemented and followed up
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Provide a limited level of reactive support to staff with technical queries.
- Provide basic training for use of ARAZI systems to new staff.
- Research current and potential resources and services and be update on recent improvement in IT field.
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
Ensure technologies are accessible to all and are equipped with current hardware and software
- Establish and maintain efficient, fast and reliable IT infrastructure
- installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Load all required software
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and network
- Schedule and execute routine services for all IT equipments
Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Ensure cost effectiveness and a reliable service from service providers including telephones and broadband.
- Manage the ARAZI server to provide email (webmail, spam/virus filtering, etc.) backups, database, web server
(intranet) file and print servers.
- Manage personnel IT Administration, e.g. create and delete employeeâ€™s outlook accounts
- Provide network accounts and passwords as required
- Monitor security of all technology
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- Maintaining inventory of important IT kit (cameras, recorders, video camera etc.), responsibility for sign in/out by staff etc.
-Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal
- Perform other related duties as required during working hours
- A bachelor degree or at least two years diploma from any well accredited college or university in IT, B.Sc. BCE. BCA and related course.
- A minimum of five years experience as IT Managerial positions or related position in well reputed national,
international and or UN organizations.
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs
- Computer networks, networks administration and network installation
- Computer trouble shooting
- Computer viruses and security
- Email and internet programs
- Knowledge of Windows and Vista networks, active directory, TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software
- In depth technical knowledge of PC hardware
- Experience with complex databases
- Experience with high-quality digital imaging.
- Proficient in English, and Local Languages
- Personal Qualities
- Management and supervisory skills
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware,software and networks
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening
- Effective written communications skills
-Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and website development programs at a highly proficient level
- Stress management skills
-Time management skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Reliable, self-motivated.