|Date Posted:||Jul 2, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 14, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ghazanfar Group:
The late Al-Hajj Abdul Ghafar Ghazanfar laid the foundation for the group. Many of the businesses that the group has opened or is currently running were all his vision of growth, innovation, development and prosperity. The group has many subsidiaries, which are involved in the following industries: 1. Oil and Gas 2. Crude Oil Refinery 3. Fuel Storage 4. Banking 5. Construction 6. Trading 7. Logistics 8. Mining and Media 9. Industrial The group's progress has been steady over the past few years; the constant rise in the revenue from petroleum and other businesses is proof of the group's progress. We have opened many offices locally and internationally, and are spreading our operations by incorporating into new industries and synergizing our subsidiaries to give us an efficient and profitable result. Through our actions we are able to offer employment for the youth of Afghanistan and also train them to learn and prosper throughout their career. We take it upon ourselves to ensure that everything should be done for the improvements of the living standards of Afghan citizens. One of the group's goals is to bring foreign investment in Afghanistan and to increase the standard of quality and performance. We also try to raise the benchmark for performance and quality amongst our competitors so that a competitive environment is created which would benefit the public and would give us a reason to pursue a higher quality standard. We constantly review our strategy and work on introducing measures, which would help our clients and us both. The group has a main office in Mazar-e-Sharif from where they direct all the workflow. All the information from the group's activities are sent and recorded in the Mazar Office. As the group's recent business ventures and activities are spreading throughout Afghanistan, another office has been made operational in Kabul. The group is getting ready to introduce itself in many other industries like Oil Refinery, Metal Smelting, and Foreign Investment for prospective clients.
Currently we are looking for an experienced IT Manager with proven record in Computer Science. The incumbent will manage Ghazanfar Group’s IT Functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To manage, plan, organize, control and guide all activities of the IT Department so as to run the IT related matters of the group smoothly and efficiently without any hindrance and problems and to provide IT support to all the Departments of the group as per their requirements and within the given time frame.
2. Shall direct activities of the IT Department; provide leadership, training and supervision within the department; and ensures compliance and procedures.
3. To write, vet and update Manuals, Policies, Procedures and Check Lists for IT Department at regular intervals.
4. To be responsible for all the Software and Hardware related matters of the group and shall ensure and other related IT Systems of the group continue to function at a desirable level. Shall be responsible for administering the group local, wireless Internet, and Intranet networks, telephone and Voice Over IP (VoIP) systems, and all related software programs.
5. To be responsible for Programming, Filing System, Network Administration, System Security, Website updates, Daily Support to the Departments & Trouble Shooting and System Specifications
6. Ensures that the technology resource systems are operating in a secure and stable manner and deploys information technology architecture strategies to accommodate current and future organizational needs.
7. Performs supervisory duties of department staff; coordinate staff for coverage in all related areas of the department.
8. To be in contact on regular basis with the Hardware Vendors, System Vendors and Software Suppliers for updating, trouble shooting and maintenance of the IT System.
9. To be responsible for initiating and renewals of Hard Ware Agreements, Software Maintenance Agreements, Licensing Contracts and other related contracts necessary for the IT System ,
10. Responsible for Data Repository, Contingency Back Ups, UPS, MIS and other technical & IT related matters.
11. To be responsible for enhancement and up gradation of the IT capabilities and technical edge on continued and ongoing basic
12. Ensures that each and every IT problem is properly logged & recorded for future reference along with the ways and means a particular problem is solved.
13. Ensures that annual budgets of the Department and forecasting are prepared and approved for each financial year and are followed & implemented where possible
As a minimum qualification the incumbent must be a Graduate from a recognized University in IT related field. Masters preferred
Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Network+)
The incumbent must possess minimum of 5 years of working experience in related field at various levels with 2 years at a senior level
Knowledge of computer hardware, OS, Networking.
Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including XP, Vista , Windows 7 ,Window 2003,2008.2010
Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
The incumbent must possess the qualities of a team leader and should have a profile and experience of varied working environments