|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan Institute:
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. With three campuses in Kabul, Kardan University currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 4,000 students in the field of Business, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Law, IT and Civil Engineering.
The University’s alumni group comprises of over 15,000 globally minded professionals who are contributing towards the development of Afghanistan’s public, private and non-profit sectors.
In 2018, Kardan University becomes the top ranked university in Afghanistan by getting the highest score in Ministry of Higher Education’s national accreditation process. Kardan University becomes the only university from Afghanistan to be granted full membership at the Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN). Kardan University is a member of the Global Business School Network (GBSN) and is accredited by International Accreditation of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Kardan University is seeking young and energetic Information Technology Manager, who will be responsible for reporting to Communication and Admission Manager. The Communications Specialist will assist with content management, social media responsiveness, and website development in Dari and regular communication requirements, including profiles of students, faculty and alumni.
Kardan University is looking for a young, energetic and passionate Information Technology Manager with advanced technical skills, keen knowledge of the industry’s best practices and modern technology and strong leadership potential. Leading the Team of IT professionals, the individual will be responsible for the university’s technology strategy and its advancement, organization-wide network system’s maintenance and development with customer service centric focus. The individual will play a key role in keeping the management board up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the organization to achieve its strategy.
Competitive salary and benefits package at the management level will be offered.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent knowledge of technical management and of computer hardware/software systems
· Hands-on experience with network architecture and system development
· Strong problem solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
System and Network Administration and IT services
· Running regular checks on network and data security
· Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
· Ensuring security of data, network access and backup systems
· Maintaining and updating all servers and work stations software and hardware on regular basis
· Activating all IT devices necessary for the University
· Coordinating with staff and departments any IT changes that may impact operations and services
· Installing, configuring and taking daily backup of servers (Database and cameras).
· Managing Hotspot services providing User Names and Passwords for faculty and administration staff and maintain stable connectivity of Internet 24 Hours.
· Maintaining stable connectivity of all campuses and residence through Point to Multi Point (Base Station, CPE, Mikrotik and UBNT) devices.
· Configure, install and maintain Voice Over IP and Queue Management systems
· Administering and monitoring an existing network to ensure uninterrupted and stable operation of client services.
· Acting in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to University policy
· Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
· Troubleshooting and implementing systematic solutions in time
· Conducting IT surveys to improve services across Kardan’s building and campuses
· Maintaining and upgrading the existing computer science labs including Cisco lab, Journalism TV & Studio and other labs as required
· Coordinating with MIS and other departments to develop and maintain IT systems and network
· Providing direction and support to IT team
System and Network Development
· Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
· Designing training programs and workshops for IT staff
· Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
· Directing and managing technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
· Creating and administering disaster plans to keep the organization functional in time of crisis
· Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, IT trainings, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and maintaining healthy relations with partner organizations
· Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master’s degree in IT or Computer Science
· Microsoft certification and Network certification will be a plus
· Minimum of five years’ experience in technology management
Qualified candidates should submit their updated CV, with a detailed cover letter highlighting their experience and qualifications to email@example.com
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.