|Date Posted:||Mar 7, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 24, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Wasel Telecom:
We are a Telecom operator looking to hire employees for a national expansion plan.
- Maintenance the configuration and installation of servers in a LAN environment in accordance with set procedures and policies;
- Configure and install new hosts in a LAN environment and prepares them for use with server based network services, in accordance with IT standards (Windows Xp professional, Vista, etc)
- Work as Windows NT/2000/2003 administrator in a Wide Area Network environment.
- Manage Internet connectivity through proxy servers (ISA and proxy);
- Implement preventative network management techniques using remote network monitoring tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
-Monitor performance of the network as part of a unit, identifying and proposing methods of optimization;
- Ensure that as far as possible, all computers are standardized with respect to software, hardware and network configuration;
- Provide a high level of network security (as defined in IT policies and procedures document) and ensure that appropriate access control be used internally on the LAN. Manage the networks intruder detection system;
- Ensure that all computers are protected for viruses and that all relevant updates and upgrades are applied
â€¢ University degree in computer or Information Systems, other related field, or equivalent combination of education, certification and experience in relevant.
â€¢ Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience in LAN Operating Systems in both public and/or private sector organizations. Proven track record in implementing and administering a Windows 2003 server network; experience with Storage Area Networks, fiber channel technology, backup technologies and disaster recovery planning strategies preferred.
â€¢ Proficiency with Windows software, in particular MS Office, Outlook, and Windows 2000/XP/Vista and 2003 servers.
â€¢ Knowledge of Network Technologies (i.e. LAN Protocols, WAN Protocols, IP routing).
â€¢ Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
â€¢ Ability to take initiative and work under pressure with limited supervision.
â€¢ Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, and achieve team results or goals.
â€¢ Ability to travel to provinces