|Date Posted:||Jun 20, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 5, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Coordinates the administration of information technology (IT) services for one or more designated areas of the company. The position is the technology officer for the designated area(s) and is responsible for fulfilling area-specific requirements and priorities while working with IT resources to ensure effective and efficient solutions. The IT Officer will manage area-specific technology resources and actively participate with facilitates area and IT policy. Positions in this classification are reserved for units reporting to the company head.
Duties & Responsibilities:
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
· Manage technology services that meet operational requirements in designated area(s) of the company.
· Directs and coordinates the local implementation of company IT operations, projects, and programs, ensuring alignment of IT services with the business needs of the area(s) and adherence to established project management principles and best management practices.
· Provides technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized project-related activities requiring expertise in specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services.
· Reviews and coordinates IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs.
· Delivers appropriate personnel actions and training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight.
· Participates in development of IT Service Catalog offerings, Service Level Agreements, and Operating Level Agreements consistent with the needs of the company.
· Participates as a member of the IT management team in planning, problem resolution, and reviewing department performance.
· Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Knowledge and understanding of the current and developing strategic information requirements of a company.
· Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
· Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
· Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently.
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
· Strategic planning and advanced leadership skills.
· Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology.
· Ability to provide strategic guidance and development of existing and/or proposed systems.
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.