|Date Posted:||Jun 18, 2022|
|Reference:||ADF - 113|
|Closing Date:||Jul 2, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agricultural Development Fund:
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) will act as a second-tier wholesale lending institution that will lend to intermediaries in the agricultural value chain, who will then on-lend to small commercial farmers, defined as farmers with 1-30 hectares. ADF is capitalized by a $100 million grant provided by the United States Government to the agriculture sector in order to create a more competitive agriculture sector through expanded agricultural production and increased incomes for agricultural households. ADF will lend directly and indirectly to banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions, microfinance institutions and non-financial intermediaries such as private farmer associations, farm stores, agricultural depots, food processors, agribusinesses and other market participants and informal providers of finance that support the development of agricultural value chains in Afghanistan and are able to enhance the supply of agricultural credit to the end-borrowers at the farm level. Until its transition to the Government of Afghanistan in 2014, the ADF is managed by the Agriculture Credit Enhancement (ACE) program a USAID contract.
The IT Officer will report to the Sr. IT Officer/ Manager for IT-related duties, also the
IT Officer will be based in Kabul and will travel to regional offices as per the office needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tracking of IT equipment and assigning equipment to employees following the proper chain of command with the appropriate approvals and handover documentation
- Knowledge of security infrastructure, including anti-virus & firewalls.
- Knowledge of office 365
- Assist with network and security management
- Assist with data storage architecture
- Provide user lever technical support for end-users, computers, printers, etc.
- Monitor printers, copiers, and fax machines to make sure they are working properly and getting regular maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ask questions and get information in order to diagnose computer problems and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
- Assist IT Manager in providing IT-related support to all staff with a friendly and customer service-driven attitude
- Check and load papers on the printers in each office daily
- Troubleshooting experience with Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Understanding of PC hardware setup and configuration.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
- Self-motivated to seek out answers, generates ideas, and develop new skills.
- SQL Server installation and configuration.
- Responsible for all above mentioned in Project’s field offices
- Manage, control, and secure all software.
- Check systems to optimize performance and initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Create and maintain an effective inventory of IT and communication equipment.
- Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of IT technical equipment as needed
- Advise in the procurement process and assist with IT Inventory
- Service the printers on daily basis.
- Flexible regarding working hours and travel to provincial branches.
- Be able to cope with the stress and meet deadlines.
- CCTV installation and configuration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science will be preferred.
- Good knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office, and other popular IT software and systems.
- Cisco or Sofas certificate will be highly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of laptop/desktop computing hardware and proficiency in network administration
- IT Officer will be based in Kabul and will travel to regional offices as per office needs.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve IT problems both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in Dari, Pashto, and English