|Date Posted:||Apr 20, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 25, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
AIBF is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic candidate in order to develop its administrative capacities to support the continuing training and education of the financial sector in Afghanistan. The candidate shall support the development a robust IT system for the Institute that will support on-line courses for students and extensive relations with banking institutes in the region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Diagnose and repair hardware problems, set up, configure and test equipments;
2. Install, configure, and maintain a variety of computer equipment including computer terminals, printers and data communications equipment;
3. Support Windows workstations, as well as a wide range of proprietary software used in AIBF trainings and office tasks through software installations and upgrades and general networking and desktop support;
4. Perform preventative maintenance on workstations to ensure systems are performing at an optimum level;
5. Take care of file server maintenance; support; and configuration
6. Provide direct ongoing support to AIBF staff in General computing issues including software upgrades and hardware troubleshooting and repair;
7. Maintain an up to date knowledge of repair practices, policies, and technical specifications;
8. Determine source and nature of computer malfunction using diagnostic and application software. Adjust, repair, and replace malfunctioning equipment;
9. Serves as a principal source of information on equipment problems;
10. Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
11. Ensure that the Internet is use properly and should stop misuse of it.
12. Ensure all computers and servers in AIBF should be out of virus
13. Setup Anti Virus Server and configuring it for updates.
14. Maintain the local LAN of AIBF (ducting, making RJ45 connector and Jack, making patch cords for end users and etc which are related to networking of AIBF)
15. Updating all PCs through Microsoft critical updates
16. Making policies for accessing the share folders on the server and assigning different level of access to the end users.
17. Daily trouble shooting of all IT related equipments in AIBF
18. Daily trouble shooting of Internet and AIBF Local LAN
â€¢ At least three years experience in IT as Help Desk officer or IT Technician
â€¢ A+, Network+, Security+ Certification
â€¢ Candidate must be graduated from 12th class bachelor degree holders are highly encouraged.
â€¢ The candidate have attended MCSE and CCNA training courses certified people are highly encouraged
â€¢ Excellent communication skill of English, Dari and Pashto is required.
â€¢ Proven troubleshooting, configuration, and maintenance skills of Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Wireless and antivirus server is must