|Date Posted:||May 22, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||90000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan Institute of Banking and Finance:
AIBF is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic candidate in order to support the development of the AIBF, as a premier institution of learning and education in Afghanistan. . The candidate shall support the development a robust IT system for the Institute that will support on-line courses for students. Further the Institute will be establishing, under the support of the World Bank, a strategic relationship with one of the banking institutes in the region and the IT officer will be expected to work in order to work with that institute in terms of on-line programs, examinations and course material.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Diagnose and repair hardware problems, set up, configure and test equipments;
2. Install, configure, and maintain a variety of computer equipment including computer terminals, printers and data communications equipment;
3. Support Windows workstations, as well as a wide range of proprietary software used in AIBF trainings and office tasks through software installations and upgrades and general networking and desktop support;
4. Perform preventative maintenance on workstations to ensure systems are performing at an optimum level;
5. Take care of server maintenance and support;
6. Provide direct ongoing support to AIBF staff in General computing issues including software upgrades and hardware troubleshooting and repair;
7. Maintain an up to date knowledge of repair practices, policies, and technical specifications;
8. Determine source and nature of computer malfunction using diagnostic and application software. Adjust, repair, and replace malfunctioning equipment;
9. Serves as a principal source of information on equipment problems;
10. Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
The ideal candidate will have: certification in network/hardware/IT technologies, plus 3 plus years experience dealing with troubleshooting of IT equipment; demonstrated proficiency with server, Windows package, wireless products, and anti-virus software; excellent communications skills; ability to multitask and prioritize and; exhibits a strong sense of urgency.