|Date Posted:||May 25, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 4, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Bakhtar University:
Bakhtar University is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic candidate in order to support the development of the BIHE , as a premier institution of learning and education in Afghanistan. . The candidate shall support the development a robust IT system for the Institute that will support on-line courses for students., the IT officer will be expected to work in order to work with that University in terms of on-line programs, examinations and course material.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Diagnose and repair hardware problems, set up, configure and test equipments;
2. Install, configure, and maintain a variety of computer equipment including computer terminals, printers and data communications equipment;
3. Support Windows workstations, as well as a wide range of proprietary software used in Bakhtar trainings and office tasks through software installations and upgrades and general networking and desktop support;
4. Perform preventative maintenance on workstations to ensure systems are performing at an optimum level;
5. Take care of server maintenance and support;
6. Provide direct ongoing support to Bakhtarâ€™s staff in General computing issues including software upgrades and hardware troubleshooting and repair;
7. Maintain an up to date knowledge of repair practices, policies, and technical specifications;
8. Determine source and nature of computer malfunction using diagnostic and application software. Adjust, repair, and replace malfunctioning equipment;
9. Serves as a principal source of information on equipment problems;
10. Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
The ideal candidate will have: certification in network/hardware/IT technologies, plus 3 plus years experience dealing with troubleshooting of IT equipment; demonstrated proficiency with server, Windows package, wireless products, and anti-virus software; excellent communications skills; ability to multitask and prioritize and; exhibits a strong sense of urgency.