|Date Posted:||Nov 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2018, WFP Afghanistan provided food assistance to more than 4 million people through a series of programme interventions across the country. Thanks to its newly approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems. Such national-led framing of all strategic result areas of the CSP will contribute to the country’s long-term transition to development and aspiration for peace. For more information, see wfp.org
As WFP continues to standardize beneficiary information management, food assistance delivery mechanisms and transfer modalities, increased capacity in systems and process implementation is required.
The incumbent will be required to provide Information Technology support services focussed in beneficiary services as per country office business and technical needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business analysis support function to ensure country office data and information is compatible with accepted SCOPE formats.
- Maintain inventory of material and/or database of information, such as, computer related equipment, communications equipment and training material.
- Configure SCOPE equipment such as, computer hardware, applications, training material, etc and participate in deployment and support.
- Play an active role in beneficiary SCOPE registration and end to end activities such as site preparation, and technical support to SCOPE teams.
- Continued support to country office and partners on beneficiary IT services to support beneficiary information management and food assistance activities.
- Provide first level IT support to SCOPE users and partners.
- Organized, accurate and well documented equipment configuration and support for use of SCOPE in the country office
- Liaise with SCOPE corporate teams for second level (SCOPE ServiceDesk) support, troubleshooting and training on SCOPE/ Cash and Voucher related activities.
- Conduct regular quality checks during registration/End to end SCOPE activities to ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
- Reconcile end of day registration data and activities to ensure that all beneficiaries are registered as planned and uploaded to SCOPE platform.
- Make recommendations for improvement on registration procedures.
- Deliver SCOPE training to the WFP staff and partners.
- To ensure uploaded data reported to SCOPE ServiceDesk and centralize tracking sheet updated.
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in information Technology and Database or other related studies.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
Experience: At least four years of progressive IT experience such as WAN/LAN networking, database and operating system, experience in client support and Servicedesk and users support unit.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VCVVVVVVVVVVVV