|Date Posted:||Nov 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||7|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||12 months|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide WFP ICT standard software and hardware on time supports and services for 268 users.
- Assist in the initial deployment of new IT infrastructure at new premises.
- Effectively manage IT ServiceDesk and IT ticketing system daily for efficient and on-time support provided to the users.
- Actively participate in daily, weekly and external meetings and reflect the ICT point of view.
- Actively participate in ICT daily activities, i.e. LAN, WAN, Telecomms and PABX.
- Provide report to Property Officer for all incoming and outgoing equipment from/to of ICT stock and keep the ICT IN/OUT Log Book up to date for ICT own record.
- Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as: System backup, System Protection and System Security.
- Undertake basic monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent delivery of IT services to staff.
- Respond to any technical and operational level queries and provide support accordingly.
- Provision of support to field offices’ ICT colleagues for SCOPE implementation and operationalization.
- Work positively, cooperatively and respectfully as a member of the ICT unit with other users.
- Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, websites, and archives in order to support senior officers in managing these systems.
- With direction from senior colleagues, collate information to be included in standard material such as training documentation and web content to contribute to the availability of information about services and products.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in Enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
- Handle/manage small/medium projects under tight deadlines.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) in Dari and Pashto is required.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Dari and Pashto.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Nangarhar, Balkh, Kandahar, Herat
Please copy and paste the below link into the browser to access the VA.