|Date Posted:||May 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Etisalat Afghanistan:
Main Purpose of the DCN:
The Data Communication Network (DCN) is a dedicated network used for network management systems of Telecom providers. The DCN functions as a general service transport platform for network management systems, and provides support and assurance to operations of the telecom management network.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible to ensure that the corporate and GSM network is fully secured from external threat and intruders
2. Constantly update security measures and policies
3. Provide technical support as and when required.
4. Plan and execute new projects assigned by Superior.
5. Configure the security appliances e.g (PIX, Juniper, ASA) as planned and instructed by the DCN planning and PMO.
6. Assess the network vulnerabilities and prepare to patch them.
7. Responsible for training, monitoring and updating day-to-day IS Security issues to IT Team members and network users.
8. Conducts audits and ad-hoc reviews as directed by IT Manager / Head of Audit on a prioritized basis within the IT division and in accordance with the Audit Manual and Team-mate Protocol Document.
9. Suggest changes to IT Audit programs and internal audit practices in order that audit coverage remains risk focused.
10. Ensure that generally accepted information systems audit standards, statements and practices and information security and control practices are adhered to and assignments are completed in accordance with audit programs to arrive at an
KEY COMPETENCIES / REQUIREMENTS
â€¢ Excellent Communication Skill â€“ Verbal and Written
â€¢ Good Skill and Knowledge in IT Network Security
â€¢ Excellent Technical Skill in IT Network Security ( CCNA Security )
â€¢ Language requirements: English
â€¢ Ability to meet deadlines; work under pressure, tact, negotiation skills, organizational skills etc.