|Date Posted:||Jan 9, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
AECOM seeks an Information Technology Specialist for its USAID-funded Afghanistan Social Outreach Program (ASOP). The IT Specialist Coordinate tasks related to installation, configuration, troubleshooting and procurement of IT and communication equipment. He/she will act as a leader in planning, designing, and implementation of wireless and wired networking. The IT Specialist will work with the DCOP to determine the equipment need for the target district governor offices to have internet connectivity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design, install, support and integrate network hardware, operating systems and applications for ASOP central, provincial offices and for district governor offices.
2. Ensure a functional IT system including computers, internet, printers, photocopy machines, camera, and wireless access points.
3. Installation and troubleshooting of all kind of software and hardware.
4. Ensure a protected IT system from all kind of viruses and that antivirus is up to date.
5. Implement periodic back of all essential program/financial data and email systems. And ensure availability of backup recovery procedures.
6. Responsible for troubleshooting internet issues and contacting Internet Service Provider.
7. Maintain up to date inventory of all IT equipment.
8. Provide advice and guidance for purchase of IT and communication related equipment and interact with IT related support and sales companies.
9. Provide technical and operational advice for any IT related projects and systems
10. Identification and prioritization of IT needs in each financial year
1. Diploma in IT
2. Minimum three years of relevant experience in an international organization.
3. Excellent knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
4. Ability of quick troubleshooting for any kind of network, software, and hardware issues
5. Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment
Good spoken and written Pashto, Dari, and English.