|Date Posted:||Sep 7, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 15, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The IT Specialist will perform a variety of functions relating to project support under the direct supervision of the IT Project Manager. The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand current DABS Kandahar business processes and workflows and document them thoroughly to support development of new IT business applications for improvements in commercial performance, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
2. Interact and communicate with operations and admin managers and front line staff of DABS Kandahar to develop future business process requirements for the applications to be developed
3. Communicate the requirements to Application Developers effectively.
4. Provide help with translating â€˜Labelsâ€™ and â€˜Stringsâ€™ of an application from â€˜Englishâ€™ to â€˜Dari and Pashtoâ€™ or Vice-Versa and help with development of interfaces in Dari and Pashto.
5. Understand the technology and features used in the Business Applications and provide support to end users in implementing and using the applications.
6. Provide support in documenting the application training materials â€“ for both end users and IT support personnel
7. Provide support as a communications and technology transfer â€˜conduitâ€™ between Business Users and Application Developers.
8. Carry out any other relevant duties as requested by the IT Project Manager.
â€¢ A combined total of 8 or more years of work experience in IT development and operations and any business operations management that involved use of software applications.
â€¢ Minimum of 4 years working experience in design, creation, implementation and maintenance of business software.
â€¢ Specific experience with systems in â€˜Billing and Collectionsâ€™ or â€˜Financialâ€™ or â€˜Procurementâ€™ or â€˜Inventory Managementâ€™ or â€˜Asset Maintenanceâ€™ is preferred.
â€¢ Understanding of development technologies, relational databases, network technology and operating systems is required.
â€¢ Experience in understanding, communicating, and documenting business processes is a must.
â€¢ Any certified training experience is a plus.
â€¢ Logical thinking.
â€¢ Attention to detail.
â€¢ Good leadership and effective communication skills.
â€¢ Strong understanding of development technology framework.
â€¢ Knowledge and experience in developing applications in Dari and Pashto.
â€¢ Demonstrated experience in an IT or business management operations role/position that required analytical, technical, managerial and interpersonal skills.
â€¢ University degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or other related field, with experience as a technology business analyst or developer, or equivalent combination of relevant education, certification and experience.
Languages and Skills:
â€¢ Good working knowledge of English.
â€¢ Ability to provide translation between â€˜Dariâ€™, â€˜Pashtoâ€™ and â€˜Englishâ€™.
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and good interpersonal skills are required.
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values.
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.