|Date Posted:||Jul 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.:
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
The IT Supervisor is responsible for the smooth and safe operations of all IT activities of Checchi ADALAT, including assessment of ADALAT’s IT and Management Information Systems (MIS) needs, developing operational plans to address these needs and overseeing the reliability and maintenance of exchange and file servers, computer network and IT equipment. The IT Supervisor is also responsible for the provision of IT technical assistance and training to ADALAT staff and partners on an as-needed basis. S/he is also responsible for the inventory of all IT equipment and the procurement of new IT equipment in coordination with the Inventory and Procurement staff.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day management of IT, prioritizing workload, and IT requests from ADALAT staff.
- Ensure ADALAT network security and maintain network firewall/SonicWALL, create rules, app control advance, CFS categories, etc.
- Manage and maintain cloud base backup of file data server on a daily basis.
- Ensure reliable internet connectivity to ADALAT staff, office and guest house, direct contact with ISP on downtimes and fluctuations, keep noting the down times and timely reporting it.
- Back up of employee’s data, requesting for email accounts creating by HQ and suspension notice upon clearance.
- Checking network printers, copiers, laptops, access points, network switches, and troubleshoot them on a daily basis.
- Perform new installations and updates for all IT equipment, including desktops, laptops, printers, etc.
- Maintain and send updates of IT inventory list of all IT equipment in consultation with inventory assistant.
- Identify and test new software and hardware for improving and upgrading system performance. Install any technology upgrades as required.
- Maintain all Operating System, commercial, business, and anti-virus software, ensuring compliance with registrations and upgrades.
- Provide biweekly reports on activities of the unit to the Supervisor.
- Assist the procurement staff in purchasing of IT equipment and software, such as filling PRF, RFQs, and proposals.
- Any other responsibilities related to IT, as required and assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- University degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the field
- Experience with national or international NGO or USAID funded projects experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with SonicWALL firewall and windows based server system.
- Microsoft and Cisco certification will be a plus point.
- Proficiency in the English language, both spoken and written, in addition to two main local languages, Dari and Pashto
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, able to support more than 80 around in ADALAT.
- Ability to troubleshoot and brainstorm solutions to problems
- Strong coordination and planning skills
- Excellent cross-cultural skills, ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural NGO environment, with respect, professionalism and gender sensitivity