|Date Posted:||Jul 24, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Aug 6, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Afghanistan Holding Group:
Afghanistan Holding Group (AHG) has been providing an outstanding and satisfactory turn-key business services to over 220 international companies in Afghanistan since 2009. AHG employs over 200 full-time and highly qualified Afghans to produce tailor-made professional services to its clients across the country.
A user support engineer prime objective is to ensure daily operations are smooth for the users and their systems performance is carried out in the most efficient and secured way. To support and solve any issues that may arise. Ensure the users are supported in terms of software, operating system and network related issues.
Upon not required for IT there will be a requirement to support and enroll into Administration duties
Medium to high security threat
Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions when asked to do so
May be required to work an uncommon schedule including nights, weekends and holidays due to operational requirements
Required to observe all safety, security and health requirements for office, warehouse and outside environment
To understand and follow the requirement of Quality Management. Be responsible and accountable for the part played within the areas of Quality Management at all times to ensure compliance throughout.
To ensure compliance with safety, health and security requirements in the contract, all employees will be literate in English (read, write, speak and understand)
Some travels within Afghanistan may be required
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To ensure the computers are always in working condition for the user.
2. Respond to user issues in the given SLA timeframe
3. Maintain the user data backup for all audits and data prevention policies
4. The support engineer will be asked to adhere to the SOP and polices and asked to work under manager’s guidance.
5. Ensure all sensitive information like passwords and network settings are never discussed in open. All to be documented and stored folders with restricted access to only design IT related profiles.
6. Set up, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows desktop and notebook computers
7. Install, and configure software
8. Set up maintain and configure printers, scanners, and other peripherals
9. Maintain and troubleshoot computer connectivity problems
10. Maintain and troubleshoot IP Telephones
11. Document issue resolution reporting to the Operations Director
12. Maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts
13. Check for the antivirus installation is properly running in the user machine
14. Repair and recover from client, server or infrastructure hardware and OS failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
15. Maintain excellent communication with all end users and other members of the IT Department in Head office and Dubai.
16. Work with outside vendors as approved by Directors.
17. Work with Administration directed and approved by Directors
18. Address End User needs & requirements so as to ensure his daily business activities are performed smoothly.
19. Ensure that data stored in Groups have restricted access as per the department
20. Execute other assigned tasks as delegated by the Operations Director
21. To carry out organized training sessions as stipulated by the Operations Director.
22. To understand and follow the requirement of Quality Management. Be responsible and accountable for the part played within the areas of Quality Management always to ensure compliance throughout.
Must have strong knowledge of VLAN, Wireless, Firewall, Servers, Server and Client Operating Systems technologies and Systems Management
Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP etc.)
Knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration
Must have Minimum of 2 + years of Experience in help desk engineer, IT support admin
Should be able to communicate and work with team spirit.
Ordinary courtesy and effectiveness in dealing with others in the team is required