|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||15000 - 35000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
ZNCC is established decades before, supports and successfully completed numerous constructions, electrical, and transportation projects for the US and Afghan Governments. ZNCC has experience of implementing multi-millions energy and construction complex projects. Since our inception, we have developed a trusted and reliable firm by building solid relationships with our clients, employees, suppliers and contractors.
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving ability for the position of IT Technician. The incumbent will be working in different provinces of Afghanistan where ZNCC implements projects, for temporarily or long-term assignments. Under guidance and direction of IT Manager, the IT technician will be responsible for setting up, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems and equipment in projects and main office of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up site projects with computers and necessary peripheral devices (switches, routers, printers etc.)
- Install and configure network caballing, ducting and software components to ensure usability.
- Install and configure the internet connection, satellite and vsat system for the site projects.
- Check and configure computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Provide support to users and serving as the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Install and configure IP office PBAX system, IP cameras and their caballing.
- Develop and maintain local area networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
- Keep proper inventory record of IT items issued to the staff.
- Report to IT manager if found any discrepancy in the office or site camp.
- Make sure that the computer functions well in the site camps and the staff receive full support in term of technology.
- Work extra hours & under tight deadlines when there is any emergency to be dealt with urgently.
- Perform any other job related tasks as assigned by the IT Manager.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- IT related certifications (Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Preferred).
- CompTIA Network + and MCSA certifications are advantages.
- Proficient in hardware troubleshooting and software installation.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Willingness to travel to the site locations and stay constantly for longer period of time.