|Date Posted:||Dec 29, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||15 Years|
Established in 1992, VESTAN Construction Commerce and Industry Joint Stock Company carries out infrastructure and superstructure construction projects in Turkey as well as abroad. Hence, with a staff of professionals, ethical working principles and backed up by advancements in technology to the fullest, VESTAN works for a wide clientele including many key state agencies and institutions in Turkey. VESTAN believes that a professional, high-spirited work environment and staff relations is essential to ensure customer satisfaction. It is with this spirit team-work focus that VESTAN has so far successfully completed many infrastructure and superstructure projects and continues its activities in various provinces of Turkey. Among the finalized and ongoing projects include: reservoirs/dams, drainage and rainwater networks, specially designed mega-schools, administrative buildings in provinces, city halls and cultural centers.
Job Title: Site manager
Requires travel to provinces:
- Strong leadership, team management and staff development skill.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in national languages as well as English.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- PM certificate or PMP certify will be preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project (or a package), ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs.
- Liaising with the client, other construction professionals and, sometimes, members of the public.
- Coordinating and supervising construction workers.
- Selecting tools and materials.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up.
- Assessing and minimizing risk.
- Writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork.
- Helping to negotiating contracts and securing permits and licenses
Job Location:Afghanistan, Farah
- Master degree in Civil Engineering.
- At least 15 years of work experience in the area of project management position at construction projects.
- Experience in participatory appraisals, problem analysis and project design, a good understanding of developmental and relief concepts.