|Date Posted:||Jul 4, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jul 27, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
You are going to build the new sites using Joomla and certain other features, and contribute to the creation of a product vision and roadmap that will enable the company to reach its full potential.
We need a Professional Web site Designer and Developer Freelance for buildings websites for us.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content, for the main Company websites.
* Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary.
* Create visual concepts that match the content and the image wanted by the clients but that fit in the Business global image; ensure that sites are easy to navigate.
* Build websites using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible.
* Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites when requested by clients.
* Contribute to the overall development of the Web Communications group and of the university website.
* two to four years of experience in web design, of which a minimum of Two year with Joomla.
* Advanced knowledge of XHTML, CSS, and of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXPress and Illustrator with formal training an asset.
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
* Very good spoken and written English.
* Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way.
* Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions definite assets.
* Can build a Joomla web site with little or no supervision.
* Can brief about the functions and applications of the newly created website.
* Ability to follow design standards and give feedback to improve standards to ensure website development process.