|Date Posted:||Jul 7, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 12, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About CTG Global Limited:
CTG Global is a Personnel Management Service Company specialised in Recruitment, Management Consultancy,and Human Resources management services in countries experiencing or emerging from armed conflicts, natural disasters, or acute social and economic crises worldwide. CTG Global provides tailored personnel management support enabling a growing number of public and private sector agencies and individuals to achieve their objectives in complex and challenging environments. CTG Global clients in Afghanistan currently comprise government, UN agencies, non-government organizations (NGOs), and different businesses such a security companies.
Under the direct supervision of the Business Analyst and the overall supervision of the programme manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the development of .NET applications with SQL Server.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow plans, timelines, milestones and deliver enumerated deliverables for assigned projects;
- Ensure completion of post-coding documentations such as user manual, use cases, data dictionary and technical manual following existing IOM standards.
- Develop applications in accordance with determined user and business requirements
- Respond promptly within accepted timeframes to applicationâ€™s user support and enhancement requests ensuring continued operation of the said applications.
- Implement applications training to system administrators upon or during system turnover
- Provide maintenance and support for existing application scope assigned to him/her;
- Provide periodical status reports on various project modules within his/her scope;
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in computer science or a combination of relevant education and professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of increasing responsibilities in .NET software development (particularly on C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET) with SQL Database 2005 and at least 1 year experience in developing web-based database applications and Web-based applications.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of SQL Server 2000/2005 administration and programming, HTML, CSS, AJAX, Java Script, ASP, ASP.NET, and VB.NET
- Knowledge of Web services, XML, SOAP, HTTP, and web authoring software would be an advantage.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly identify and document user requirements.
- Willingness and ability to handle multiple project tasks concurrently and to pursue creative solutions to overcome unexpected roadblocks or resource limitations.
- Reliability. Sensitivity to ethical and cultural issues.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.