|Date Posted:||Mar 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About EZ-KAR C1:
The Eshteghal Zaiee – Karmondena (EZ-Kar) Project aims to strengthen the enabling environment for economic opportunities in cities where there is a high influx of displaced people. This will be pursued by increasing the returnees’ access to civil documents, providing short-term employment opportunities, improving market enabling infrastructure, and supporting investor friendly regulatory reforms.
The project design as mentioned above will include multiple implementing agencies, namely Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR), Kabul Municipality, and Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG). At the central level, Ministry of Economy (MoEC) will serve as the lead line Ministry responsible for inter-ministerial coordination among stakeholders within the Government. MoEC, with the World Bank and other donors, will carry out overall management and project oversight across the Implementing Agencies (IAs) and other relevant agencies that are a part of the wider migration response strategy under Displacement and Returnee Executive Committee (DiREC).
This assignment particularly relates to Component 1 of the Project, which will support Afghan refugees (both registered and unregistered) in Pakistan and their voluntary repatriation. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) will be the Implementing Agency (IA) for the component, both in Afghanistan and in Pakistan, while the Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR) will be involved in the implementation of communications activities. The component provides technical assistance, institutional support and training, necessary equipment, and operational assistance to MoFA to: (a) enhance its capacity to provide consular services (such as issuance of passports and verification of certificates); (b) develop and implement a joint communication strategy for MoFA and MoRR to disseminate information to Afghan refugees in Pakistan in order to facilitate their access to economic opportunities and social services through information centers at MoFA missions in selected cities of Pakistan, in collaboration with MoRR; and (c) support day-to-day implementation of Component 1 of the Project.
Date Posted: 14 March 2020
Closing Date: 30 March 2020
Work Type: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Functional Area: Computer Science
Job Location: Kabul
Salary Range: As per NTA Salary Scale Policy
Contract Type: Long-Term
Years of Experience: 3
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Extension Possibility: Yes
Probation Period: 3 Months
Requires travel to provinces:
· Proficiency in C#.
· Experience using .NET 4.5+ | Core
· Advanced knowledge of Entity Framework 6. * | EF Core.
· Proficient knowledge in MSSQL.
· Database design including indexes and data integrity
· Understanding of HTML, JS, and CSS
· Familiarity with the client-side framework jQuery | Angular
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Pashto/Dari.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task is required.
· Software Requirements Gathering and Analysis Skills
· General Programming Skills
· Software Design
· Software Debugging
· Software Documentation
· Software Testing
· Problem Solving
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Junior Software Developer will be recruited to work as part of the Component 1 Project Implementation Unit (PIU) within MoFA. The Junior Software Developer will report to and support the Coordination 1 PIU Coordinator and the Senior IT Specialist of the Component 1 PIU, and work closely with other members of the PIU. The Junior Software Developer will be generally responsible for leading the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibility
· Develop, test and manage new software programs (these will likely include: Grievance Redress Mechanism, Public awareness model, Consulate Management Information System, Online Appointment System, Online e-Visa form, Passport and Visa systems of MoFA)
· Design and update database software. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Application, and User Interfaces related to HRMS, Electronic attendance system, finance system, archive system, Inventory system, Amlak system.
· Test, maintain and recommend software improvements (which are likely related to the programs mentioned above) to ensure strong functionality and optimization
· Independently install, customize and integrate component 1 web applications with another component of the project.
· Work with Sr. IT Specialist of PIU to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
· Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
· Resolve technical design issues
· Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents
· Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
· Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
· To aid in the full systems development life cycle from requirements capturing through design and development to delivery
· Integrating the database with other databases of the project.
· Support and Maintain existing systems, GRM and Public Awareness system and CMIS Consulate Management Information System.
· To assist the Sr. It Specialist in the planning of overall MoFA MIS strategy
· To monitor internal systems technical performance
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (software engineering section)
- Overall, 5 Years of experience in the field of software engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in developing, customizing, and maintaining (administrative/project?) software for public institutions or private businesses.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION:
· The Junior Software Developer will directly report to the Senior IT Specialist and Component 1 Project Coordinator.