|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Center for Training and Development - ACTD:
Afghanistan Center for Training and Development â€œACTDâ€ is a registered non for profit, non-political and non-governmental independent organization working for development and transformation of civil society in Afghanistan. ACTD was established in March 2007 by a group of Afghan professionals to offer research, training and consultancy services in order to develop practically applicable knowledge. ACTD is currently operating in 19 provinces of the country providing services in the fields of community and civil society development, training/capacity building, research, and health service delivery.
The lab Technicians are needed for provision laboratory testing prescribed by clinic in-charge. The positions are avaiable at Tarkhuck DH, Gosfandi CHC, Tukzar DH and Adring CHC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To perform routine Lab tests as per prescriptions received from clinic doctors,
2. To keep enough lab materials on hand and inform clinic in-charge for any shortages
3. To collect and process all laboratory specimens in accordance protocols which includes maintaining the integrity of the specimen during handling and processing
4. To ensure specimens are properly labeled
5. To prepare proper documentation of laboratory activities
6. To reporting of laboratory results in a timely manner
7. To safely dispose laboratory specimens
8. To provide appropriate education to the client before, during and after specimen collection
9. To provide an accurate HMIS monthly report.
10. To keep hygiene environment so there is no transmission of the infection in laboratory
11. To use sterilized utensils coming in contact to human body disposable syringes, needles, lancets and etc
12. To store examined slides for cross check in the referral laboratory
13. To identify and report problems that interfere in the delivery of services to clinic in-charge
14. To perform any other tasks requested by clinic in-charge in the favor of the clinic
1. Diploma in Laboratory Technology is desirable
2. Work experience with NGO or Government ( At least 1-2 years)
3. Good knowledge of written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English is desirable.
4. NGO experience â€“ Desirable