|Date Posted:||Dec 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science ,Engineering,Research/Survey|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is established decades before, supports and successfully completed numerous constructions, electrical, and transportation projects for the US and Afghan Governments. ZNCC has experience of implementing multi-millions energy and construction complex projects. Since our inception, we have developed a trusted and reliable firm by building solid relationships with our clients, employees, suppliers and contractors.
The primary responsibility of the position would be to manage land acquisition through contacting landowners in specific target areas where the project is implemented in and pursuing associated approvals and liaison with relevant district officials. This position will coordinate with site operational and technical teams to plan & initiate Land acquisition processes and respond to grievances.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Inspect, appraise and assess private and governmental properties in areas where the project is implemented.
2. Identify/authenticate the land owners/land use rights holders and obtain existing documentation.
3. Make sure properties meet legal requirements and prepare all documentation related to real estate.
4. Prepare customary power of attorney in case if it is needed.
5. Identify the parties claiming land rights over the land within specific areas and set boundaries either by drawing on handled image or by putting the coordinates points by GPS for every angle.
6. Observe land property to find damages, locate property owners and negotiate property settlement.
7. Map the boundaries of each parcel claimed.
8. Ensure legitimacy review each claim and supporting tenure documentation, where available
9. Get an official confirmation of ownership rights from local structures (communities and authorities)
10. Highlight any conflict, dispute or title defect and pinpoint the findings identified by the team which may undermine or impede the utilization possibility of the land for the transmission line.
11. Negotiate land purchases and Identify the land/ compensation cost which the land owner desires and the appraised values.
12. Communicate activities with team members and other departments as needed
13. Prepare documentations and reports relevant to project RFP, Client policies, handbook and guidelines.
14. Keep project manager informed of all activities, challenges and issues.
15. Any other relevant tasks that shall be given by the competent authority.
- University degree, preferably in an applied social science, e.g. sociology, human geography, Business Management, science and engineering graduates or related fields.
- 5 years or more professional experience in land acquisition for USACE or USAID funded projects.
- Experience in preparation and implementation of land acquisition and resettlement plans
- Experience in planning, implementing and interpreting social surveys
- Well-versed with using GPS or GIS topographical tools.
- Excellent communication skills both (Verbal & Written) Dari, Pashto and English