|Date Posted:||Jan 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Feb 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. With three campuses in Kabul, Kardan University currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 4,000 students in the field of Business, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Law, IT and Civil Engineering.
The University’s alumni group comprises of over 15,000 globally minded professionals who are contributing towards the development of Afghanistan’s public, private and non-profit sectors.
In 2018, Kardan University obtains its academic accreditation from Ministry of Higher Education and by getting the highest scores, becomes the top ranked university in Afghanistan. Kardan University becomes the only university from Afghanistan to be granted full membership at the Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN). Kardan University is a member of the Global Business School Network (GBSN) and is accredited by International Accreditation of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Are you a passionate, energetic and a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge? If yes, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated Assistant professor and Lecturer to join our team of academicians and researchers in the field of Journalism.
Reporting to the Academic Administrators of Department, the Assistant professor or lecturer will be responsible for teaching and assessing students periodically through a set of evaluation mechanisms. He/ She will also be responsible to review and revise the curriculum with the academic committee of the university.
Journalism Lecturer/Assistant Professor is responsible for teaching the following subjects:
Reporting, Documentary Product, Principle of Journalism, New Media Policy.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to academic and professional development of our people. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry plus a benefits package that includes sponsorship of national and international training, research and professional development workshops.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes
- Build up professional logistics which helps in improvising the performances of the student.
- Develop course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Participate in program level learning assessment
- Participate in developing learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Guide, direct and mentor research scholars in their research projects.
- Assess, supervise and mentor the academic progress in students.
- Create, innovate and implement some activities and programs that help in career-enhancement.
- Take part in all activities of the department, faculty and the University.
- Support and serve up for various functional activities conducted by departmental committees.
- Review, assess and evaluate the activities and progress of students.
- Lend a hand, support and aid the Academic Administrator and Dean in their everyday functions and tasks.
- Publish their research works or findings in academic books or journals.
- Grade papers and tests; prepare exercises, lessons and lab experiments for the students.
- Teach the undergraduate students within their field of expertise.
- Submit the sessional and final results of the students within a week after midterm/ terminal examination.
- Take 8 classes of 180 minutes each per week or a total of 24 contact hours per week.
- Assist examination department and make presence in the examination hall during examinations and in the conduction of entry test.
- Perform any other relevant task given by the management of Kardan University.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- At least Master in Journalism and Media.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional university level teaching experience.
- Strong organizational, management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of Dari, Pashto and English Language.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter (in one file) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/ demo.