|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 14, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Law,Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Kardan University:
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. With three campuses in Kabul, Kardan University currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 4,000 students in the field of Business, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Law, IT and Civil Engineering.
The University’s alumni group comprises of over 15,000 globally minded professionals who are contributing towards the development of Afghanistan’s public, private and non-profit sectors.
In 2018, Kardan University obtains its academic accreditation from Ministry of Higher Education and by getting the highest scores, becomes the top ranked university in Afghanistan. Kardan University becomes the only university from Afghanistan to be granted full membership at the Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN). Kardan University is a member of the Global Business School Network (GBSN) and is accredited by International Accreditation of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Are you a passionate, energetic and a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge? If yes, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated lecturer to teach the subjects of Private Law to join our team of academicians and researchers.
Reporting to the Academic Administrator, the Lecturer will be responsible for teaching and assessing students periodically through a set of evaluation mechanisms. He/ She will also be responsible to review and revise the curriculum with the academic committee of the university.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the selected candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake classes and teach students subjects of Private Law and one General Subject.
- Provide support to the Academic Administrator or Dean of Faculty on Academic issues.
- Develop course outlines and prepare in-class presentation for teaching topics.
- Update teaching materials and provide comprehensive and updates reference to students.
- Involve and support students in seminar and research activities.
- Engage students in a constructive manner and utilize modern teaching methodologies for providing Power point presentation and other teaching techniques.
- Encourage students to conduct extra-curriculum activities.
- Support the department in the development process of curriculum development.
- Prepare forms, documents and other necessary materials for relevant department and examination.
- Check and prepare accurate results of students.
- Invigilate in examination hall to monitor proper conduction of exams.
- Provide advice to the Head of Department and Academic board activities that will improve the department and its academic contents.
- At least Master's in Law: PhD will be preferred
- Excellent command of Dari language. Command of Pashto and English Language will be a plus
- Candidates with research profile will be preferred
- Familiar with technology for delivering lectures
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualified candidates should submit their updated resume and cover letter (in one document) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/demo.