|Date Posted:||Jun 27, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Holding Group:
Afghanistan Holding Group (AHG) has been providing an outstanding and satisfactory turn-key business services to over 220 international companies in Afghanistan since 2009. AHG employs over 200 full-time and highly qualified Afghans to produce tailor-made professional services to its clients across the country.
The Legal Advisor is expected to work independently and in support of the Compliance Division. The legal advisor’s responsibilities comprise providing legal assistance, conducting legal analyses, organizing various legal activities, creating legal documents and advising clients on all the relevant legal issues. He/she will also act as an in-house counsel for the company.
He/she is responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring legal compliance, especially during meetings, hearings, drafting and reviewing of agreements and contracts and serving as legal counsel in legal proceedings and court hearings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Legal Advisor will be responsible to carry the following tasks:
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters for the organization and clients
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents
- Be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well
- Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyze the legal information
- Draft and review legal material, contracts, agreements and other relevant document
- Draw up formalities regarding settlement of disputes and monitor the implementation of legal clauses
- Provide high quality legal advice to the organization or the client on major legal issues and problems.
- Responsible for formulating the best possible legal solution after analyzing the legal problem in depth
- Should be able to provide legal guidance and assistance while dealing with legal tasks, litigations, contracts, dispute resolution
- Guide clients on taking appropriate decisions in accordance with law
- Ensure that all proceedings of the organization are in compliance with requirements of the legislation.
- Advises the organization so that there is minimum legal exposure and liability.
- Bachelors in Law with 5 years’ experience in working relevant field
- Master Degree in commercial and corporate law preferred
- Valid membership of Afghanistan Independent Bar Association (AIBA) with good standing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to take good decisions based on judgment are absolutely essential
- He/she should be able to function without supervision and should be able to deal appropriately with the confidential information
- He/she should be keep updated with all legal developments, legislation and amendments to laws of the country and should be able to apply them in given situations.
Personal Skills & Abilities
- Professionalism in all aspects of work and life
- Good knowledge of legal issues
- Ability to think clearly and logically
- Skills in problem identification and solution
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, ability to allocate and review priorities
- High degree of flexibility in work and personal life
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skill
- Ability to make effective presentations to small groups and stakeholders
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To apply for this position please click here https://bit.ly/2YzTsOa and follow the instructions accordingly.
If you faced any problems opening the link, please copy/paste https://bit.ly/2YDwjKB in your browser and apply through AHG application system.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. AHG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.