|Date Posted:||Oct 23, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO):
The Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO) is aØ¯ Afghan leading organization established under the 2005 NGO Law with the purpose of helping Afghan citizens â€“ notably the poor and the womenâ€“ to acquire and protect their land rights. ALCOâ€™s intended vision is â€œsecure and equitable access to land for all Afghan citizensâ€ ALCO has been recently awarded a contract for providing Real Estate Services across the country and conducting land title search with parcel identification. Thus, ALCO is looking for a competitor and motivated candidate to work as Project Manage to be based in Kabul. For more information about ALCO please visit www.afghan-land.org
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Program Director, and will provide technical support to ALCO projects in their relevant area of requirement
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical assistance for the ALCO Projects as and when required.
2. Analyze legal documents and provisions in relations to national governance policy;
3. Develop timely responses to legal issues;
4. Attend to applications and petitions pertaining to legal issues at the national and sub-national levels;
5. Provide technical support in legal affairs to ALCO leadership;
6. Make sure all the internal and external legal issues are managed and the relevant documentations are drafted, reviewed, vetted and updated.
7. The legal advisor should be capable enough to represent ALCO and ensure the efficient handling of all negotiations and disputes.
8. Take decisive actions on various legal matters and assesses contentious and uncontroversial concerns to suggest smooth resolution of issues.
9. Assist on teaching, lecturing and mentoring judges, prosecutors, and defense attorneys and police investigators regarding the statutory laws of Afghanistan.
10. Collect, compile, index and prepare for use as reference materials all relevant and current literature on statutory law.
11. Report and perform related duties or special assignments as assigned by the senior management.
1. Minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree in law or literature.
2. Minimum 3 years experience in the related fields
3. The applicant will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and must have exceptional customer service skills.
4. Excellent writing and speaking skills in National Languages and English
5. Must understand both the formal and the informal justice systems in Afghanistan
6. Good understanding of Afghanistan Constitution, civil law and City planning Standards.
7. Good computer skills in MS. Office programs.