|Date Posted:||Oct 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 10, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Arian Bank, a commercial bank incorporated in Afghanistan and managed according to international best practices is looking for experienced Legal Advisor for its Main Branch in Kabul.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Management Board of the Bank, and will provide Legal and technical support to Bank in their relevant area of requirement.
1. Provide legal assistance for the Bank as and when required.
2. Analyze legal documents and provisions in relations to national governance policy;
3. Develop timely responses to legal issues;
4. Attend to applications and petitions pertaining to legal issues at the national and sub-national levels;
5. Provide technical support in legal affairs to Ban leadership;
6. Make sure all the internal and external legal issues are managed and the relevant documentations are drafted, reviewed, vetted and updated.
7. The legal advisor should be capable enough to represent Bank and ensure the efficient handling of all negotiations and disputes.
8. Take decisive actions on various legal matters and assesses contentious and uncontroversial concerns to suggest smooth resolution of issues.
9. Assist on teaching, lecturing and mentoring judges, prosecutors, and defense attorneys and police investigators regarding the statutory laws of Afghanistan.
10. Collect, compile, index and prepare for use as reference materials all relevant and current literature on statutory law.
11. Report and perform related duties or special assignments as assigned by the senior management.
1. Minimum requirements include a bachelorâ€™s degree in law or literature from University.
2. Minimum 3 years experience in the related fields
3. The applicant will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and must have exceptional customer service skills.
4. Excellent writing and speaking skills in National Languages and English
5. Must understand both the formal and the informal justice systems in Afghanistan
6. Good understanding of Afghanistan Constitution, civil law and City planning Standards.
7. Good computer skills in MS. Office programs.