|Date Posted:||Apr 17, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 28, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfills a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include: Enforcement of Rule of Law Ensuring security and protection of public order and security Take preventive measures to avoid the criminal incidence Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public Control and Protection Afghan borders Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fairThe incumbent professional environment for women Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law ANP command and control Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation, and smuggling Counterterrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
This position is Grade 3. Provide legal consultations to DM to security units and departments in accordance to policies and regulations of the country
Provinces to travel:
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement goals and objectives
Ability to learn, understand and practice management and security policies and procedures of MoIA.
Accept daily assignment and fully dominant while performing daily tasks
Having good will and be committed to perform daily assignments in order to achieve and obtain expected results.
Be able to work under pressure and overcome challenges and problems
Calm and controlled while under pressure, maintain gender equality and contribute in daily tasks and assignments
Be clear, Fluent and precise in speaking and writing
Listen and translate the exact message.
Ability to ask from different angles for further clarity ( interpersonal(interpersonal skills)
Open towards sharing information and updating others.
Set clear goals based on agreed strategies.
Identify, set and present priorities if needed
Proper time and resource allocation in order to complete assignments
Foresee risks while planning
Assess and control essential plans and activities
Proper time management
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide legal consultations to DM to security units and departments in accordance to policies and regulations of the country
2. Provide legal comments and consultations regarding legal documents both from MoIA and other line ministries and independent government bodies based on the instructions of senior legal advisor.
3. Attend law drafting meetings at the law making institute of MoJ and represent MoIA in coordination with legal consultation board of the minister under the supervision of senior legal advisor.
4. Provide reports and minutes of legal meetings and presenting it to senior legal advisor for review and comments
5. Attend coordination meetings between judicial bodies in order to support joint efforts in ensuring penal justice, law enforcement and implementation of attorney generals verdicts and court pronouncements based on the articles of the law.
6. Take decisions in order to achieve goas and objectives as well as implement relevant programs.
7. Provide professional and effectives consultations for further program enrichment of relevant department
8. Review of legal contracts, MoU’s and national as well as international protocols to provide legal and professional comments for relevant bodies.
9. Correspond to government bodies official letters sent over to legal advisor’s office.
10. Attending MoIA different workshops and meetings under the supervision of senior legal advisor
11. Study and review attorney general’s divisions and authorized court final verdicts during special circumstances to further enforce and implement laws.
12. Membership at MoIA law making, drafting and development of legal document commission.
13. Performing other duties and responsibilities to achieve department goals and objectives. Provide view and comments for better performance of MoIA affairs.
14. Develop and schedule working plans and provide reports on the activities on monthly, quarterly and annual basis in consultation with senior legal advisor.
Impact of Results
Summary of results is all about MoIA’s progress and effectiveness within Afghanistan. Effectiveness of legal consultations purposes adds to transparency and further accountability within MoIA.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor degree in law, Islamic law, economics. Preference is given to higher degrees.
At least two-years experience in the related field
Fluency in English, Dari/Pashto, written as well as spoken ability
Required computer skills ( MS. Windows and MS. Office program)
Comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations and other legal documents of the country. English language skill is a valuable asset.