|Date Posted:||Feb 1, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 14, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) began as an agency that provided licenses to companies wishing to invest in Afghanistan. AISA has now evolved into a pro-active institution on promoting and attracting investment to Afghanistan. AISA, having its main office in Kabul and regional offices in Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-i-sharif, Nangharhar, Khost, Kunduz, Paktia, Faryab and Helmand province, delivers a wide range of services to investors all over the country.
The Legal Advisor will provide general legal advice to the employees on matters falling within his portfolio and assist AISA management on legal aspects Related to the implementation of the Comprehensive Proposal for the organization
He will work within the Legal Unit in Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) under the general and direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Will report directly to the CEO and Vice Presidents on all matters. will be based in AISA Head Office situated in Kabul Under the general and direct supervision of the CEO and Vice Presidents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Should review and keep all the classified legal documents
2. Lead, systematize and streamline AISA;s Alternative Dispute Resolutions(ARD) Services where disputes are settled amicably.
3. Review and study all the articles of associations of the companies, improving format for the charters or articles of associations of the companies.
4. AISAâ€™s article of association to be reviewed legally and identify what are the flaws and examine AISA being limited liability Company within the government.
5. Collect and study all the multilateral and bilateral investment agreements, MOUs or MOCs Afghanistan have had with the foreign countries and reactivate some of issues.
6. Establish the legal basis for proposing AISA as the sole Signing authority of the investment bilateral treaties some of which has been signed by the ministry of foreign affairs( economic department)
7. Look at the legal pending issues of AISA and prepare a deadline based plan to finalize them; Particularly with MOF and Industrial Park division of ministry of commerce.
8. Keeping close coordination with ministry of justice and finance and other ministries over the relevant legal issues.
9. Review the letter of the Attorney general and respond with quality reasoning and put an end to them.
10. Attend training and workshops in legal sectors
11. Conduct Seminars and workshops on the legal environment on the investment.
12. Review all the laws; labor law, energy law, mineral law, industry law, tax law, environment law, tourism law, law of water and code of health and law on communication and transport.
13. The law to be reviewed for their soundness and viability for the investment in the related sectors, study the commercial court system of arbitration and the commercial arbitration committee of the chamber of commerce.
â€¢ Advanced university degree (BA) in law form any recognized university
â€¢ A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience including significant
â€¢ Experience working in international organizations or other relevant environments;
â€¢ Excellent knowledge of all the persisting laws and regulations
â€¢ Excellent professional skills, including legal research and drafting, oral presentation
â€¢ Mature judgment and flexibility;
â€¢ Proven ability to work under stress and considerable pressure;
â€¢ Proven ability to work and to operate as part of a team;
Language ability; to be fluent in English, Pashtu and Dari
Computer skills: Ms Applications