|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
If you are the person who is interested in the legal field and love to advise people and come out with solutions that benefit the clients or the organization, then you can be assured of great success ahead if you take up a career as a legal advisor.
The legal advisor responsibilities comprise providing legal assistance, organizing various legal activities, completing them, creating legal documents and advising the clients or the organization on all the relevant legal issues.
He/she is responsible for taking a lead role, especially during meetings, hearings, etc., and prioritizing work to ensure that the services delivered to the clients are of high quality. He/she assures that he/she adheres by the agreed deadline and that the assigned work is completed effectively and it satisfies and surpasses the client's expectations as well
Requires travel to provinces:
Essential Skills and Abilities
1. To ensure success in this field as a legal advisor.
2. Excellent analytical, researching and drafting skills.
3. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to take good decisions based on judgment are absolutely essential.
4. Ability to function without anybody's supervision and should be able to deal appropriately with the confidential information.
5. Excellent team player with the ability to prioritize work, especially when some deadlines need to be met.
6. Updated with all the legal laws and should be able to apply them in the given situation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The legal advisor is accountable for taking the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the analysis, investigation and drafting process.
2. Responsible for providing support in discrete legal issues by advising the organization, drafting undertakings and structuring remedies for the relevant issues.
3. This professional may also be engaged in helping to analyze and collect evidence and schedule staff hearings. To better understand the role of this professional, let us view some of the responsibilities that need to be handled by him/her:
4. Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters of the client or the organization
5. Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents
6. Be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions as well
7. Conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyze the legal information
8. Assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents and to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis
9. Draw up formalities regarding the settlement of disputes and monitor the implementation of the legal clauses
10. Thus, the legal advisor is primarily responsible for providing high quality advice to the organization or the client on major legal issues and problems.
11. Responsible for formulating the best possible legal solution after analyzing the legal problem in depth.
12. Able to provide the much needed legal assistance while dealing with some particular legal tasks, litigations, contracts, dispute resolution and guide the client on taking an appropriate decision.
13. Should be skilled enough to come out with a desired outcome from the client's point of view.
14. Should be able to take correct decisions and provide the necessary professional support.
15. Advises whether all the proceedings of the organization are in compliance with the requirements of the legislation.
16. Supervises, analyzes and researches the implication of laws, legislation, etc., that may affect the organization.
17. Advises the organization so that there is minimum legal exposure and liability. Thus, the legal advisor needs to handle a multitude of responsibilities.
18. Draft timely response on legal inquiries to the government
19. Attend sessions at AGO, Police, FDRC, Hoqooq, ATRA, FDRC, ACDR, parliament, Chamber of Commerce and the Courts
20. Draft lawsuits and defense sheets, for or against the company
21. Support drafting commercial agreements
22. Support the company on penalties in different stages
23. Attend internal and external meetings
24. Support in providing legal opinion to the AWCC various departments
25. Review laws and regulations for updates/amendments
26. Review any other company document/affair for compliance with the law and regulations
27. Support dispute resolution and arbitration processes
28. Participate in the internal investigations
29. Perform any other relevant duties or supports as requested by the line manager
30. To do archiving and file filing
31. Report to the line manager
32. Preparing monthly and periodical reports as may be required
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. Holding a valid License for attending judiciary hearing sessions
2. Hold LL.B (Master degree preferred)