|Date Posted:||May 10, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Legal Advisor to chief of staff|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 Months|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Chief of Staff, Legal Advisor is responsible for the Functions related to the Legal services of chief of staff like, providing timely guidance and advice on all issues of legal services at the ministry of mines including bill drafting (Mineral and Hydrocarbon Law regulations and procedures), commercial, contract, governance, dispute resolution other relevant laws and regulations of Afghanistan.
Legal adviser needs to have excellent skills in reasoning and evaluation, must possess good analytical skills and have good command over oral and written communication skills. And must have practical idea of judgment and also be able to work in large and diverse team. S/he must well verse with the mining sector laws and regulations and have the ability to adapt new environment with much comfort and accuracy.
Provinces to travel:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
Team player with solid analytical and creative problem solving skills
Able to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Dari/ Pashto
Computer Skills including the ability to operate MS. Office at a highly proficient level
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on the job description.
2. Most important duty is to provide professional support, guide and advice to the chief of staff director.
3. Suggest and advice on various legal matters likes legal drafting, contractual issues, commercial contracts, biding document, tender process, evaluation procedure, dispute resolution, regulatory, grievance procedure and governance.
4. Coordinate legal issues with Ministry of Justice, parliament and other legal entities in order to help to MoMP get the legal documents immediately passed by the cabinet and the parliament.
5. Ensure that legal support is regularly available with regard to any activities of the MoMP.
6. Ensure that the chief of staff Directorate is properly briefed on any legal issues.
7. Must work together with other members of MoMP departments on amendment process of the Minerals Law, Hydrocarbon Law, regulations, also need to coordinate and work on drafting process of the MoMP procedures.
8. Must ensure that the legal documents are drafted, reviewed effectively and interpreted well.
9. Must take appropriate steps on different types of legal issues.
10. To be able to handle external as well as internal legal resources Skills and Specifications.
11. Overset Mining and procurement bedding process according to prevalent law and regulations
12. Draft and review MoUs which will be conclude between Ministry of Mines and petroleum and other agencies.
13. Any other task as requested by the supervisor according to laws and regulations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least Bachelor’s degree in Law and in the area of International Law, commercial law will be highly preferred with five (5) years of working experiences in relevant field and Master’s degree is strongly encouraged in this area.
Must have a knowledge of Afghan Mining sector Laws and Regulations.
Must possess strong analytical skills
Must be expose strong practical judgment
Must be able to work in team that is multi-disciplinary
Ability to work efficiently and meet requirements within time frame
Fluency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto and English.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly on governmental levels.
Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment.
A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Proven ability in establishing good network across a range of government and public agencies.