|Date Posted:||Dec 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Legal Analyst will support the access to justice thematic research and program implementation with government and partner institutions on the RIIALS project. The Legal Analyst’s ’s support will enable the Afghan partner justice institutions to improve their capacity to plan and implement security/gender programs in the justice institutions. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Program, success in implementation of program strategies and ultimately advancing IDLO’s work in promoting the Rule of Law.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities will include:
· Lead the strategic planning and implementation of the access to justice component of the project;
· Support justice institutions in the development and implementation of capacity building plans for government officials;
· Support partner justice institutions' inter- departmental cooperation and communication on legal capacity development related issues to support effective resourcing of legal program as it relates to RIIALs, including assist with training as needed.
· Provide timely high-quality inputs to internal and external reports on activities and progress against deliverables and schedules, as well as thematic reports;
· Maintain regular communication and dialogue with partner justice institutions, monitoring progress of program deliverables;
· In close cooperation with the institution’s management, foster partner justice institutions’ cross cooperation;
· Provide timely high-quality inputs to internal and external reports on activities and progress against deliverables and schedules, as well as thematic reports and workplans;
· Liaise with other program teams (including M&E and Institutional Development) to ensure proper implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of relevant program activities;
· Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Law or similar field. LLM would be an asset.
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, professional experience in gender programming within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization.
· Spoken and written fluency in English and Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage.
· Excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment.
· Experience working on justice and gender justice issues.
· Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of MS packages. Proficient use of ICT software and the internet.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan.
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.