|Date Posted:||Nov 23, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Dec 6, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
The Legal Analyst position is a mid-senior level incumbent in the legal department of the bank, which performs under direct supervision of Chief Legal Officer (CLO), that provide legal analysis, legal research, assistance and counselling to CLO of the bank, and if necessary to its clients. He / she is responsible to assist in reviewing agreements, policies, procedures, memos, official letters to Government and NGOs, and other legal documents before signing and execution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist in reviewing of the current Procedures and Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) of different departments of the bank, Contracts, Undertakings, Memorandum of Understandings and other legal documents to ensure compliance with the current laws and regulations of the country.
2. Assist in drafting of Policies, Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) of different departments of the bank, Contracts, Undertakings, Memorandum of Understandings and other legal documents.
3. Reviewing agreements, contracts and memorandum of understandings before signing and executions.
4. Assist in drafting agreements, contracts, memorandum of understandings and other legal documents on needed basis.
5. Assist in providing legal advices/inputs regarding the banking issues, possible field of actions and as well as the way of improving the implementation of banking laws and regulations in areas of AIB’s activities.
6. Providing legal interpretation regarding referred cases for CLO
7. Assist in providing legal support to the bank’s day-to-day operations under supervision of Chief Legal Officer.
8. Translate Legal documents or any other documents as required by Chief Legal Officer,
9. Assist in reviewing the legal manuals and report, court judgments, changes in judicial systems and amendments in various statutes and legislation, promulgation of new laws, regulations, presidential degrees, by-laws and orders.
Other duties related to Legal Department.
At least Bachelor Degree in Law, and considerable knowledge of the Banking Law and Company Law, legal principles and practices, legal drafting principles and practices and Afghanistan’s Legal System and functioning of courts.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Skill in negotiation, mediation and arbitration. Ability to analyze and interpret laws and regulations, maintain confidentiality, establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and members of the public. Fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the languages (i.e. Dari or Pashto).
1. Excellent presentation and communication skills
2. Experience in dealing with legal cases, department heads,
3. Proficiency in computer skills and knowledge of banking law is highly desirable
4. Afghan National, fluent in English with a working knowledge of Dari and / or Pashto
Two (2) years’ experience of working as legal advisor / Legal Analyst in banking and financial sectors or other field of this nature. BAR holding licenses will be preferred.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Important Application Information:
AIB is committed to a diverse workforce and encourage all eligible local applicants, irrespective of gender, disability, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
External Applicants need to visit jobs.af website and apply online through the site.
Failure to comply with above guidelines or sharing incomplete information will lead to disqualification of your application.
Short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test and interview. If you did not receive a response within two weeks after closing date, it means you are not shortlisted
We are highly encouraging qualified and eligible disable candidates to apply.
Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer