|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of the legal expert position is to provide consultation in regards to the draft and development of legal policies and review conventions, contracts, and treaties from the legal perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in order to achieve organizational goals.
2. Read and scrutinize drafts of treaties, contracts, and conventions from legal perspective for purpose of keeping the relevant stakeholders aware regarding the contents.
3. Provide legal consultation to review treaties and national and international agreements including but not limited to mutual security agreements, existence of armed forces within the country, and agreements regarding security assistance.
4. Manage and ensure inter-ministerial processes regarding draft and review of international treaties concerning national security.
5. Provide consultation for monitoring the proper implementation of the international agreements related to national security and provide its reporting to the National Security Advisor.
6. Assist to monitor proper achievement of the issues agreed through the mutual security agreement between Afghanistan and United States of America considering the existence of (SOFA) and (NATO) forces as well as other strategic and security assistance agreements.
7. Solidify coordination between relevant security stakeholders to have access to the information and documents and policies related to the National Security Strategy for the purpose of its implementation.
8. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs.
9. Preparing monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
10. Manages staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
11. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Legal Expert would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a bachelor degree from a reputed institution in Laws of Afghanistan or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years work experience in legal, security or, in a related field;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.