|Date Posted:||Oct 19, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FINCA Afghanistan:
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Legal Officer is responsible for proceeding the litigation cases into the Hoqoq Department, prosecuting with the Office of General Attorney, and competent Courts and providing the daily, Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly report to the recovery manager. Further, monthly quarterly and annual report the Head of Legal and CS. The Legal officer will be responsible to litigation cases, agreements, and providing legal services to FINCA departments as needed.
Requires travel to provinces:
Written and spoken fluency in Dari/Pushto and English
Skills of advocacy, computer MS office and research.
Environmental Attitude: patients and calm and respect to values and cultural diversity and sensitivity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Register new Legal cases with Directorate of (Hoqoq), General Attorney Office, and competent Courts as needed;
2. Regularly follow the litigation cases with Directorate (Hoqoq) Department, General Attorney Office, and competent Courts including City court, commercial and civil courts as required;
3. Defending the cases before the Courts, and other Government authorities for the loan repayment on FINCA behalf;
4. Maintaining resources and overseeing collection and fraud prosecution, and should be align with FINCA practices and policies;
5. Coordinating, advising, supervising any claims by the Subsidiary as applicable, and defending the Subsidiary against claims by third parties;
6. Maintaining all documentations, doing pre –filing of claim cases with relevant incumbents and provision sound recording;
7. Preparing petitions, official letters and pleas to the relevant legal entity including, but not limited to Directorate (Hoqoq), General Attorney Office, police districts and HQ, and competent Courts as needed;
8. obtaining the official letters, summons, subpoena, from Hoqoq and police department to summon clients who are not paying the loans and repayments;
9. Writing concise responses to the questions raised by Governmental authorities including Courts or Attorney General Offices;
10. Preparing the lawsuit, defense and charge sheet to the relevant legal entity (Court or Attorney General Office);
11. Getting the Court approval and follow it up with Directorate (Hoqoq) and police for the implementation and execution of the case;
12. Prepare clients tracking forms to follow those clients are under promise, pipeline and undertakings;
13. Take tone and similar actions and steps of legal pursuing against the undertakers, guarantors;
14. Review, vet, analyses and provide on time and relevant opinions to the FINCA relevant departments to guide them properly on issuing loans or approaching clients;
15. Making objection on the court decisions if he/she has proven and documentations to follow up the case in the different courts stages;
16. Providing advice to the branches for making proper documentation and filling;
17. Defense from the interest of the FINCA before the Government and non-Government organizations;
18. Area of services: Mazar region and travel requires 30% in the neighboring provinces and districts;
19. Drafting and reviewing agreement signing between FINCA and other parties, and providing legal comments and feedbacks based on applicable local regulations, and FINCA polices;
20. Provide timely feedback as required on regulatory compliance, AML and CFT for the FINCA and its relevant departments;
21. Writing and reviewing the official letters sending to the Governmental or Non-Governmental organizations before signing by the authorized senior management of the Company;
22. Making proper documents, filings and recording;
23. Achieve portfolio targets form write off clients;
24. Perform and execute any other instruction and recommendation from HLO and CS;
25. Reporting to Recovery Manager on daily, weekly and monthly basis, and to the HLO and CS as required;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Education and Experience
Law / Sharia degree
A minimum of 3 years of experience in the advocacy
Bar Association (AIBA) license is required.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV along with application letter and photo attached with CV also please mention the position title and Vacancy number clearly in the subject line of your email (FA-KBL-HQ-267 Recovery Officer), otherwise your CV will not be considered for mentioned position. It is to mentioned that those CV"s Will consider who send Locally from mentioned province.