|Date Posted:||Mar 5, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 10, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Legal Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Economist, Road Authority. The Legal Specialist will perform the following principal functions relating to project support but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To work with inter-ministerial task force to establish the institutional framework and legal basis for the new transport management institutions that are outlined in the ANDS.
2. The Legal Specialist should be a seasoned professional with a solid academic background and extensive experience working on institutional reforms.
Specific duties and Responsibilities:
3. Liaise with various senior ministry officials on inter-ministerial task force.
4. Conduct research and prepare analytical reports as directed by ministerial task force.
5. Work with MPW, MoF, Parliament, and the Office of the President to develop a sound legislative approach for reform.
6. Prepare presentations for public and private sector stakeholders as well as for donors on various aspects of the reform process.
7. Prepare agenda items for task force meetings.
8. Prepare regular reports documenting progress, issues and plans.
9. Participate in strategy meetings within TO-14.
10. Carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
â€¢ Familiarity with ministry operations.
â€¢ Strong research skills.
â€¢ Ability to interrelate with senior ministry staff.
â€¢ Experience dealing with budgets and policy formulation.
â€¢ Computer literate in the entire MS Office suite, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
â€¢ Understanding of public finance.
â€¢ Experience working with GIRoA ministries.
â€¢ Experience working in the private sector.
â€¢ Experience working with foreign donors programs.
â€¢ University degree in law, transportation-related field, engineering or policy formulation.
â€¢ The candidate should have not less than 3 years experience in the industry or working in policy development in a donor program.
â€¢ Good knowledge (Level 3) in written and Spoken English as well as in local languages i.e. Pashto and/or Dari.
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values.
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.