|Date Posted:||Sep 18, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Oct 11, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice. https://www.aib.af/
To provide assistance in draft, review and amendments of the bank’s current Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) and other Legal documents as required from time to time
Requires travel to provinces:
· Computer literate and fluent in both written and spoken English and one of the languages (i.e. Dari or Pashto),
· Research and investigative skills required, Understanding of State Laws and Regulations, the applicant should also have ability to identify potential problem areas and appropriately assist Legal Manager as needed,
· Ability to review and understand complex legal documents and prepare responses/documents in response,
· Strong organizational, prioritization, analytical, written and verbal communication skills are required, the applicant should be proficient in use of IT applications and systems including but not limited to familiarity with Microsoft Office,
· Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to changing priorities, operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Excellence in drafting; ability to present information in written and oral form clearly and effectively,
· Ability to define problems and collect relevant information and apply relevant legal principles to relevant factual situations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in reviewing of the current Procedures and Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) of different departments of the bank, Contracts, Undertakings, Memorandum of Understandings and other legal documents in English / Local Languages, to ensure compliance with the current laws and regulations of the country.
- Assist in drafting of Contracts, Undertakings, Memorandum of Understandings and other legal documents in English / Local Languages.
- Assist in providing legal support to the bank’s day-to-day operations under supervision of Chief Legal Officer.
- Translate Legal documents or any other documents as required by Chief Legal Officer from English to Local Languages and vice versa.
- Other duties related to Legal Department.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Law or equivalent from an accredited university, (priority shall be given to applicants with an LLM degree).
Must be familiar with the Legal System of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, specifically Knowledge of banking Law, Other Regulations related to Corporate and Banking Sector of the country.
Experience: 1-3 years’ experience in research, Drafting and Legal Analysis (preferably in Financial Institutions)