|Date Posted:||Nov 26, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 9, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Legal Specialist will engage with justice sector institutions and with government and other stakeholders on the RIIALS project. The Legal Specialist’s support will enable work with justice institutions, improve their capacity to plan and implement security/gender programs. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Program, success in implementation of program strategies, and ultimately advancing IDLO’s work in promoting the Rule of Law.
Provinces to travel:
· Excellent project management and interpersonal skills;
· Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment.
· Experience of engagement with civil society organizations in Afghanistan.
· Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of MS packages. Proficient use of ICT software and the internet.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities of the Specialist will include:
- Provide strategic guidance in engaging partners on issues of security and gender equality and access to justice, including to engagement with government international partners, and other civil society organizations;
- Provide strategic guidance on engaging justice sector institutions on issues of security and gender equality and access to justice;
- Provide conceptual, monitoring and coordination expertise to the project work, including on planning and implementation of project activities;
- Collaborate on the development of high-quality advocacy tools that emerge from engagement with stakeholders;
· Provide timely high-quality inputs to internal and external reports on activities and progress against deliverables and schedules, as well as thematic reports and workplans;
· Liaise with other program teams (M&E, Institutional teams) to ensure proper implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of relevant program activities;
· Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Political Science or related field. A master’s degree would be an advantage.
· At least 8 years of relevant professional experience, professional experience in gender programming within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization; or comparable experience.
· Spoken and written fluency in English and Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than December 09, 2019 to the email given. Please clearly indicate the position and the vacancy number (Legal Specialist (CSO) - IDLO/RIIALS/19/2019) applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview.
Females are highly encouraged to apply!