|Date Posted:||Dec 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 11, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) began as an agency that provided licenses to companies wishing to invest in Afghanistan. AISA has now evolved into a pro-active institution on promoting and attracting investment to Afghanistan. AISA, having its main office in Kabul and regional offices in Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-i-sharif, Nangharhar, Khost, Kunduz, Paktia, Faryab and Helmand province, delivers a wide range of services to investors all over the country.
ïƒ˜ Plans, organizes, directs, controls, and promotes the activities of AISA library.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Manage the library facility to provide flexible access to the resources at the point of need.
2) Maintaining current knowledge of new developments in the library field, including
3) Enforces library rules for the protection of library property.
4) Requisitioning supplies, selecting materials for purchase, review collection for
replacement, repair and discard.
5) Coordinate and plan the development of long range/strategic library goals and
6) Coordinate a collection of materials which support the methodologies, philosophies and
innovations which suit the needs of the departments.
7) Maintaining inventories.
8) Book check out and return, sorting and re-shelving.
9) Estimating the budget for procuring the books.
10) Perform related duties as required
â€¢ Bachelor Degree of Arts in any discipline with a minimum of one year experience in library operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires a thorough working knowledge of: library management; card catalog filing system; researching techniques; basic bookkeeping.
This position requires skills in the use of: computer, typewriter, and copier; card catalog filing system.
This position requires the ability to: communicate effectively orally and in writing; follow verbal and written instructions; establish effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors; answer questions patiently; complete multiple tasks in a limited amount of time; keep a strict level of confidentiality; calculate; be professional, knowledgeable and courteous when dealing with all library users.