|Date Posted:||Jun 11, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 28, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Veterinary,Agriculture Engeenring|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About Qamar Foundation :
Qamar Foundation is a German (11459) registered non-profitable organization that provides humanitarian assistance aid to those most in need. Run by a group of dedicated people inspired by equality and justice with the desire to save lives. Our team and volunteers are from the heart of your communities helping you make a difference.
Overall supervision of Qamar's livestock projects and undertake the main responsibility for all Livestock Development aspects of the project in the provinces of Afghanistan by providing technical assistance in the area of animal health, dairy production, and value chain development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective on-time implementation of approved and planned technical support activities, extension services, and strategies at the target project area.
- Conduct mobilization meetings with livestock farmers and establish livestock development organization (community-level groups/ organizations).
- Participate in field activities, including administering dewormer medicine, distribution of concentrate animal feed, and distribution of live pullets and poultry packages to project beneficiaries with the collaboration of the Implementing partners at the regional level.
- Regularly contact field visits to monitor the livestock condition, and animal production in order to explore the actual challenges of the farmers to be addressed by the program.
- Contribute towards the development of an extension, animal health, feed, fodder crop, and data collection and assist in analyzing the data to prepare recommendations for extension staff and farmers.
- Ensure that all training events are organized in a manner that encourages participation in Poultry, Slaughterhouse, and Vet. Clinics staffs.
- Coordinate and supervise the livestock component of the project with the suppliers.
- Assist to prepare annual, quarterly, and monthly plans for effective execution of the project activities as stipulated in the project document.
- Maintain coordination and linkage with various stakeholders at the district and project level.
- Introduce the improved high-yielding milk breeds of cattle, with increased resistance against the diseases.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science, Animal Science or Livestock Development, Animal Health, Dairy Science/Technology, or related field.
- Proven experience, skills, and knowledge, and preferred experience in managing veterinary clinics as a veterinary doctor, dairy management, animal health care, and feed/fodder management.
- Committed to, the ability to provide technical supervision, and motivate and train project staff and farmers.
- Knowledge and skills in basic computing demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in animal health and animal production.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and/or Dari).
- Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
- Behavioral role model for peers and fellow team members.
- Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Personal integrity, intuition, and self-motivation.
- Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener.