|Date Posted:||Jan 9, 2021|
|Reference:||Mentioned at submission guideline below|
|Closing Date:||Jan 30, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||130|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With nearly 1,500 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one woman only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 197,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and deposit values reach to over AFN 4.5 billion and AFN 7.6 billion, respectively.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated 'Loan Officer' to join us who possesses excellent business development skills with a hunger to succeed. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the aim of this role will be to spearhead loan client acquisition for the branch and to originate quality loans of up to $10,000 for low and moderate-income borrowers.
With a positive attitude in everything, you do and every relationship you build, you will be passionate about assisting clients with their financial needs through appropriate loan products. More importantly, you will ensure that the customer gets the right loan, at the right price, for the right purpose. Obviously, cash flow analysis, repayment capacity assessment, and collateral management is all part of the job. Do not worry, we provide extensive and excellent training programs to ensure that you are able to fulfil your job requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruiting new clients, assessing customer needs, introducing different types of loans.
- Explaining the loan process to potential clients and verifying clients' eligibility for a loan.
- Going and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process.
- Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans.
- Carrying out risk assessment by collecting detailed information on each client through meetings and field visits (home, business, suppliers, customers, guarantors, community) and loan appraisal (financial analysis, repayment capacity, tenure, collateral, etc).
- Updating the required data in the Bank's Loan Management System.
- Preparing Loan Appraisal Report for Loan Committee meeting; collecting and/or filling documents for guarantees.
- Presents the loan at the loan committee meeting and informs the client of the loan committee's decision.
- Checking the proper use of the funds disbursed.
- Loan monitoring including periodic site visits and ensuring timely repayments.
- Going the "extra mile" to build relationships, and customer loyalty.
- Operating in compliance with relevant/prevailing FMFB policies/procedures; and full alignment with the audit recommendations.
At least High school graduate.
Prior experience in the trade, preferred.
Well articulate in the predominant local language of the area in which she/he works; good communication, negotiation and presentation skills; good understanding of business process; good understanding of the business-related laws / regulations of the government; good understanding of the business potential in the area in which s/he works; and good level of familiarity with the population of the area in which s/he works.
Belief in, and commitment to establishing and maintaining good relation with the clientele; being tactful and courteous; social concern and sensitive to the culture / traditions of the area of his / her engagement; belief in, and in practice promoting professional confidentiality; enthusiasm in job, specifically in working in field with clients; being mature and self-disciplined.