|Date Posted:||Feb 17, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Mar 1, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Ensure the support and response of field inquiries and demands (1st and 2nd line response) for the entire mission for all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets (especially generators) and related activities.
Assist and support in the management, servicing/repairing, follow up, installation works for all powered machines and motorized equipment and related activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support for all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets (Service / Maintenance schedule and follow up for diesel and petrol and/or other motorized or related powered machines, garage management) for the entire mission in collaboration with the field technicians and the Front Office Manager. This is particularly relevant to generators and generating plants.
- Provide support to Projects through field visits and gap filling for project management/site supervision (cost control, schedule management, quality control, etc.).
- Participate in the development and update of the maintenance strategies and safety protocols for all related works in mobility logistics family (especially generators).
- Ensure the diagnosis, troubleshooting, servicing/repairs and repatriation of all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets at the local level and support in the periodic preventive maintenance schedules.
- Actively participate in the development and/or update of the generator and vehicle management diagnostic tools to show compliance to quality and standards as per protocol.
- Performs technical assessment and provide recommendations and advice for generators installations, servicing/repairs, fuel management, generator and vehicle fleet garage and spare parts management, etc.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the Garage Management and Maintenance Follow up Tool in collaboration with the Front Office Manager and the counterparts in the Back office.
- Participate actively in the development and implementation of training activities for the mechanic technicians in the mission; support in the Logbook completion for field technicians.
- Ensure compliance with the Mission policies, procedures, protocols related to generator and vehicle management for the entire mission.
- Participate in the development of the Mobility/Mechanic budget for all projects and Coordination.
- Support and assist in the follow up of all mechanic related equipment and spare part stocks in the projects (define the level of stock turnover; inventories; follow up on stock cards, storage and cleaning of equipment).
- Act as advisor for the Coordination Contingency/Buffer and EPREP stock definition based on the mission requirements, turnover of equipment/parts etc. through field visits observation
- Support in the market assessment strategies formulation and the evaluation of the quality of services and products of local suppliers for the Mobility Log family.
- Support in the capitalization of information of innovation projects in coordination.
- Assist in the administrative part (contract management, market assessment, renewal of all relevant documentation for vehicles and motorized engines etc.) in the mission.
- Support and assist the projects in the completion of the monthly reporting on the fuel consumption, services done and parts stock for all the projects.
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University degree in Mechanic engineering essential
- Proficient user of MS Office 365 and its attendant applications essential
- Valid driving license essential
- A high-level experience in generating plant maintenance and management
- Other experience in similar position essential
- MSF experience desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
Full Time / Schedule: 176 hours per month - due to the nature of the position the candidate must be willing and capable to sometimes work outside regular office hours
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 01/03/2021 at 4 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kabul Base Coordination via:
- E-mail: MSF-Afghanistan-Recruitment@msf.org
The reference “Logistics Specialist/ Mobility” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.