|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
The Logistics Assistant works under the guidance of the line manager in coordination with Logistic department in HQ and supports the day-to-day operations of the province office of Logistic department. He /She is required to follow this job description and complete her works in the respect of the WAW rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- University degree or equivalent in related field is desirable.
- At least 3 years work experience in the procurement, contracts, and/or logistic field, or equivalent.
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy with e-mail, word processing, Excel spreadsheets and databases.
- Team work oriented.
- Preparation and Issue of RFQ, negotiations with vendors and providers
- Issue Purchase Orders
- Monitor, track and expedite all WAW procurement & logistics activities;
- Manage the Procurement database components. Coordinate customizations to the database and reports module in close collaboration with WAW HQ team to meet the specific procurement needs of the WAW.
- Implement the customized WAW procurement.
- Regular review of procurement requests in Database and follow up with further procurement actions collaborating with HQ procurement team when required
- Track processing of purchasing requests from WAW staff to ensure timely and accurate completion; provide regular updates to requestors; recommend customized reports from Database to facilitate effective tracking
- Update the Vendors database component in Database.
- Conduct vendors evaluations and coordinate customizations with WAW logistic team
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date WAW Property Inventory for all offices
- Draft inventory reports on quarterly basis
- Update inventory database regularly
- Conduct quarterly physical inventory check for all offices
- Locate and identify potential vendors and suppliers both domestically and internationally
- Conduct cost/price, quality and past performance/timeliness review of bids received; assist other procurement staff in evaluation of bids
- Work with freight forwarders to coordinate the transportation requests;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor