|Date Posted:||Jan 14, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 20, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
To assist in the development of systems, and the management of logistics to facilitate the smooth and efficient implementation of Mission East programs in Taloqan, Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1.To be familiar with, and actively seek to enable Mission East to comply with The Sphere Project: Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response: Part 2.3 Logistics (minimum standards in food aid)
2. To plan and schedule the use of vehicles. Look at workable methods. Use the Vehicle Movement board to record daily vehicles and motorbikes use.
3. You are responsible for Mission East and hired drivers. Ensure that transport of Mission staff is organized on daily and timely basis.
4. To provide regular statistical monthly reports related to Mission East vehicles, motorbikes, generators and additional information as necessary.
5. Supervise the procurement activities by making sure that all supply requests are completed on time. Fill in the information on any procurement completed to the procurement planning form.
6.Organise purchasing and filling in of the necessary fuel for motorbikes, vehicles and generators
7. Organise maintenance for vehicles, motorbikes and generators in co-operation with Mission East drivers.
8. To plan and use systems to monitor and control fuel, vehicle tools, log books etc.
9. To supervise logistics staff under you, including warehouse/procurement assistant, procurement assistant, radio operator, drivers, cooks and cleaner.
10. Organise regular stock checks to the warehouse and report any related issues.
11. To improve and maintain the logistics filing system in an orderly manner and ensure that all professional staff are easily able to identify and use files.
12. To maintain in an orderly manner the work stations in the office.
13. To ensure Mission East is represented in a professional and competent manner
14. Facilitating border crossings of items and personnel including meeting people/goods at the border.
15. Checking staff guarantor forms.
16.To report any incidents involving Mission East staff and properties as well as any other incident of importance, which does not directly involve Mission East
17.To act in accordance with Mission East guidelines, policies and procedures, in particular Mission East security guidelines
18. To monitor field project stocks.
19.Interpreting as necessary
1-Minimum high school diploma; logistic management degree preferred.
2-Proven ability to set up and manage logistic functions and processes.
3-The Ability to work in systematic and organized manner.
4- Excellent written and spoken English.
5- Good knowledge and skill of computer in MS Office.
6-Ability to work proactively, a self starter.