|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Land Authority:
ARAZI is seeking for a qualified national Logistic Officer who can direct and manage distribution management, mater ial
management, vehicle and fuel management, transportation and accommodation management, plan and program logistic
support for ARAZI offices.
The incumbent wi ll report to the Operations Director and Deputy Director on regular and on ad hoc basis. He/she will have full knowledge procurement, logistical process, material management and store management. The incumbent will splendidly
perform the following tasks and duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Procurement and Stores Management
3. Reporting and other related activities,
4. Office equipments Maintenance
- Procurement of Office need, Repair and Maintenance and Stores Management
- Planning operational logistics at tactical, strategic and operational levels
- Determines operational requirements and specifications including reliability, maintainability and standardization for facilities, equipments, vehicles and material handling equipment.
- Direct and manage distribution management, materiel management, fuels man agement, facilitates travell ing for ARAZI staffs within the country and outside the country, and vehicle management
- Completing facility construction requests, phone requests, and other service-related documentation.
- Ensure that there are enough equipments and resources available and equally accessible to all staff.
- Ensure the entire office set us is based on the standards and ARAZI related orientation
- Ensure that the office inside and outside are thoroughly and properly cleaned and washed.
- Ensure items and equipment are stored securely and transported promptly and safely to project areas
- Keep stock cards and inventory records up to date and facilitate regular stock counts
- assist in the management of accountable property by performing inventories, inputting data into the property
- Follow and implement strictly the ARAZI logistics policies and procedures
Transport and Security
- Ensure that registration and insurance for ARAZI vehicles is organized on time
- Manage transportation for ARAZI staffs such that the use of the vehicles is coordinated efficiently according to
organizational priorities and in line with Concernâ€™s transport policy
- Directs vehicle management operations such as coordination of vehicle and equipment requirements, assignments,
priorities and warranty repairs
- Ensure that ARAZI based vehicle log books for all modes of transport are kept accurately and up to date by drivers and
- Check vehicle running costs (by examining log books) on a monthly basis
- Ensure that ARAZI vehicles are regularly maintain ed, serviced and repaired promptly and that transport policy is
- Keep up to date in regards to security situation and the condition of roads apply this knowledge in planning journeys
from ARAZI staff within the city and on field visits.
- Develops policies and procedures for the administration of vehicle abuse and misuse programs
- collects and analyzes data on vehicle operations and maintenance
Office and Equipment Maintenance,
- Regularly schedule and ensure the office equipments such as photocopiers, scanners, printers, A/Cs generators and
other equipments are serviced in timely manner and operate perfectly.
- Regularly checks and fixes the office building normal wear and tear.
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, Government offices, and other organizations with regards to
- Report monthly on all logistics activities
- Review logistics procedures and suggest changes to improve practices.
- Assist in the establishment of the field offices, stores, etc at the project set up phase
- Coordinating with the other departments for efficient and timely manner services to be provided
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, BA or related fields
- Minimal 3-5 years progressively involved in Logistical in charge in reputable national and international organizations
- Logistical affairs oriented
- Proficient in English and National Languages
- MS office
- Ability to negotiate and man age business deals, related to the physical management of the project.
- Ability to draft, review and advice on contracts, documents and forms.
- Proven ability to work well with a wide range of players including local project staff, international staff, and field-based project implementers.
- Ability to respond quickly to rapidly changing environment and to work comfortably in an often unstable security environment.
- Ability to manage and lead numerous numbers of staff.
- Excellent team building skills, including cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Attention to details.
- Strong time management skills for job estimation, problem - solving and interpersonal communications